• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Asus Striker II Formula nightmear.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jjw0782

Registered
Where to begin. Ever since I got this board I been dealing with the video corruption issue. Now, they released a bios that fixed it but however I can't even oc my q6600 to a measly 333fsb. I get a bsod when the loading screen for vista appears. I do not have XP so I do not know if this is a vista only issue. However with previous bios I could overclock to 333fsb with no issue but whenever I would watch videos I would get bsod's. Does anybody want to trade me their EVGA 750i FTW board for this crap lol. I am hearing the new wolfdale processor work excellent on this board however this old kentsfield is crap on it. Prime95 would appear stable with previous overclocks however it couldn't detect that video corruption. Asus better get their act together. I never had a board this bad from them in my life. My old amd socket 939 chipset from asus was hell of a lot more stable than this. I also went as far as getting memory from their pitiful qvl sheet of vendors so I wouldn't run into as many problems as I am. I would like to know if anyone else is having these problems like I am. I am about to give up on this board.

RMA it?

Does it do it on stock settings? Why dont you post your BIOS settings here, people here with that board might be able to help you out. Remember not all parts OC the same. One board can push higher than the other. :)

I understand one board can push higher than the other but I got a decent batch number for the q6600 and im only trying to hit 333fsb lol. Well like I said it didn't do this for previous bios when overclocked just this 1305 bios. I updated cause I had that video corruption. Nvidia seems to be slacking lately.

Back