• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

muchkin 2100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No place really. $99 for 256mb from mushkin, newegg might be a little less but I am not sure if they have the cas 2-2-2 stuff.

Memory prices are quickly becoming very disheartening.

None of the reputable memory makers even have cas 2-2-2 2100ddr in 512mb.
The only one's rated that are made by manufactures that I would not trust.

Corsiar,crucial both only specify cas 2.5 and mushkin has cas 2-3-3.

If your board has a good memory voltage range (at least 2.8v) I would pick the crucial if you have limited or no voltage adjustment I would pick the mushkin.

This is just my opinion and I have no actual experience using either of these memories in the 512mb versions just based on what the 256mb versions are like.

Last edited:
i can back that up i got pc2400 256, with anodized heat spreders on it, and itll take up to 3.2v and over 170fsb so far

$75 last i checked

I have 2 EPOX boards - one running mushkin PC2400 222 and Corsair PC2400 cas2 DDR. Been able to push both up to 170fsb. The Corsair memory is just as good, IMHO, as the Mushkin but it is a lot cheaper. Save some money and go with the Corsair.

alright, to my knowledge, my board doesnt support 2400 ram....it says on the box 1600/2100....do any of you know about my board...the msi k7t-266 pro-r....ill have to go check out the website...and my board has more settings for voltage and such than you can imagine...i have no idea what some of them do....but there you go...

2400 is really an spec. What the manufactures are trying to tell you is that a 2100 memory modules had been tested to work at the memory settings and a FSB of 150 MHz.

ok, so what does that mean, i can get 2400 ram and have it work...but i havnt been able to fine a single stick of 512 mb 2400....and i want cas 2-2-2. i really have no idea if my motherboard is compatible, i was hoping someone else with this board would know....

That is because it's much harder to make a 512mb memory stick that will run as "fast" as a 256mb stick from a manufacturing point of view.
The added capacitance becomes a problem.

well from what the [H]ard Ocp review of the board, they said they couldnt get the computer to start if there were more than one stick of DDR installed....thats why i want to get one stick...
look at this
if you dont go to this link...this is a quote from the page....
"Here is one thing that I have not discussed that led to us testing five different types of DDR sticks on this board and another reason that this review was not posted weeks ago. My MSI K7T266 Pro will NOT OPERATE PROPERLY with more than one stick of DDR Ram installed. We get tons of random errors in the OS (either 98 or 2K) that make using the OS impossible. I worked for two weeks to try to isolate the problem we were having and tried about every different DIMM slot and stick combination known to man and could NOT make it work. Finally our buddies over at AZZO got us a 256Meg stick of DDR. We slapped it in and it worked fine. After that, we ascertained that the problem in fact lied with the board and not the DDR Ram being used."
that is what they say

While I don't doubt the claim in that article it is very old (may 1st 2001) the "problem" may have been fixed in a later bios or board revision.
I would ask in the motherboard section and see if people are still experiencing that problem or see if you can find other more recent review's.

Last edited:
RangerJoe said:
well from what the [H]ard Ocp review of the board, they said they couldnt get the computer to start if there were more than one stick of DDR installed....thats why i want to get one stick...
look at this
if you dont go to this link...this is a quote from the page....
that is what they say

That is a bit bizzare. I have 2 MSI K7T266 Pro's running, both have 2 banks Corsair PC2400 128mb loaded, and they are working just fine.

Back