• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EGVA 790i ultra - how long running PRIME before I consider it stable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smarc1214

Registered
I put my computer together and it runs PRIME forever (i.e. overnight) at stock. I upped the FSB to 1600 (3200 on the Q9450) and at stock voltage I can run PRIME for one to two hours before one of the cores fails. I upped the voltage to 1.3 but the PRIME time is the same. Would you consider the computer "stable" like this, or should I aim for 8 hours before I consider the computer stable? Any advice on what I might try to make the comptuer more stable? Should I try increasing other voltages? Which ones?

You can tell I am an OC noob.

Welcome to O/C Forms :welcome:

Rule of thumb for a stable oc'ed machine is 8+hrs of Prime. If your rig passes prime for 8hrs or more, then it's stable :). Other ppl here will say more like 12+hrs. For me 8+hrs is good enough as you're only going to game non-stop in intervals of 2hrs or so.

Back