• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will My motherboard support SLI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hajalie24

Hi, I'm sorry for having just one post, i hope to be active soon but I have a question I really need to know.

Code:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136034

I just bought this motherboard since it had 2 pci express slots. But now when I read more about it it says crossfire supported but I never saw SLI. I need to know if I should buy 2 ati cards in the future even though I really like Nvidia. Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to O/C Forums :welcome:

Yes, it only supports crossfire. SLI is only supported by Nvidia. If you want to go SLI, you'll need to get an Nvidia chipset board for it.

When buying Ati video cards, be sure they are crossfire supported.

Cool, thanks for the link. I'm not even sure if I should SLI since buying 2 graphics cards is a lot of money lol. But I might in the future.

i would got with the 4850 since you got that board and wanted to run SLI. as many of the reviews of the 4850's in CF show it out doing the GTX280 card. which for the price is impressive, 2 4850's roughly $400 vs a single GTX280 at $640. this is the first time i have really considered getting a ATI card...

Back