• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games freezing but PC not crashing?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c0dec

Hi, I have recently changed my ram to OCZ Platinum PC14400 but I still want to run my system at 480fsb like I did previously for months with my old ram. The problem I have is when I have my fsb at 480 my system seems to be unstable when playing games to say the least! HL2 will run fine for 5-10mins and freeze, I can still ctrl-alt-del and end the process but im alittle confused why this is. Im currently running as I type this at 460fsb which is fine as my Q6600 sits at 3.6Ghz and the ram is sitting at the stock speed of 1800Mhz but I would much rather go back to 3.85Ghz and 1920Mhz!

Ive taken some pictures of my motherboard settings below, ive been playing with various settings to try and overcome this issue but im having no luck :( In the below picture my timings are 8-8-8-24, I have also tryed 10-10-10-30 in testing but this doesnt help at all, the same thing still happens. :bang head

Pictures below, PC spec in sig.

DSC00148%20(Medium).JPG

DSC00149%20(Medium).JPG

DSC00150%20(Medium).JPG

DSC00151%20(Medium).JPG

Hope you can help :)

Dan

Ive tried:

NB voltage: 1.74v but this takes it to around 60C!!
SB voltage:1.22v
CPU Spread Spectrum: Auto
DRAM volts .1v higher
DRAM static read control: Disabled
DRAM dymanic write control: Disable
DRAM timing control: Auto as well as 10-10-10-30
Max CPUID value limit: enabled

Think thats it.

Back