• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thinking about going phase cooling...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leftheaded

air wasn't enough, water wasn't enough... hopefully a single stage phase unit will be :)

should I be looking at any other places for a custom single stage? was going to go with one of these. any recommendations on upgrades or tuning?

• VapoliSS by Jinu
  • VapoChill LS

this is going to be for a QX9650 and I'm currently shopping for a new mobo. my goal is to run 24/7 ~4.8GHz. is that realistic with an L739A?

It depends on your location.
I am also a custom phase change builder on the east coast.

i think there are a 2 or 3 single stage phase units in the for sale section at xs right now. all sellers located in europe

At least it teaches how to properly insulate for when he does discover the uber chilly wonders of DIce & LN2

o_O i actually sent a pm to vince/kingpin inquiring about pots last night lol

LN2 is probably on the horizon for me, but not any time soon. maybe next year after i get all my home builds all "complete"... probably will get into it after nehalem is mainstream :cool:

do you think his F1 pot will work with nehalem? just need a new mounting bracket, or will it require a whole redesign of the copper itself? maybe i get one now :screwy::screwy:

either way, i want a phase unit for 24/7 sub-z

I got my phase (mach 2) almost 3 years ago now, it's still one of the best computer-related purchases i've ever made.
I wouldn't set my heart on 4.8ghz tho, maybe 4.4-5 unless you get a great chip.

Back