• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5Q-E BIOS update "successful", BIOS ver the same after reboot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NewbieOneKenobi

My new P5Q-E has the habit of throwing BIOS recovery on me all the time. I tried flashing the BIOS using its own tool. It read the new version from the USB drive and it said the update was successful. After reboot, it again launched BIOS recovery and there was no new version saved anywhere. It simply had the old version. The situation repeated a couple of times. Flash-resistant BIOS, anyone? :screwy:

My new P5Q-E has the habit of throwing BIOS recovery on me all the time. I tried flashing the BIOS using its own tool. It read the new version from the USB drive and it said the update was successful. After reboot, it again launched BIOS recovery and there was no new version saved anywhere. It simply had the old version. The situation repeated a couple of times. Flash-resistant BIOS, anyone? :screwy:

I'll be flashing my BIOS when I get home. Will let you know how it goes :)

Back