• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5E / Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zabotage

Registered
Hi guys!, first post here hope someone can help me out a tad!

Recently bought the mobo in question so i started to overclock my E6600 quite basically following a Asus overclocking guide and got it to 380 fsb quite quickly, but i was using vista with literally countless BSOD's so that was often reset or changed to illiminate that as an issue.

The thing is i now cannot get over 375 FSB no matter what!, im on XP again, and have 4 sticks of ram. im quite sure the ram was the cause of some of my BSOD's so if anyone has some basic instuctions for me to try that would be great

i would like to get this e6600 to 3.5 stable, im using the thermaltake V1 cooler and the rest of my rig should be in my sig, what should i be sending through the vcore / nb ?

Thanks!

your ram are rated at ddr2 800 there shouldn't be a problem there anywhere below 400 fsb. But you have 4 sticks so you might want to give your nb more juice. Post all your other bios settings here.

Mostly Auto, apart from all the cpu extras ive turned off.

What sort of juce are we talking? i dont know what default is.

What is your memory voltage set at?? the P5E is a know overvolter of memory.(my memory calls for 2.2v and i have it set to 1.96 and it works great) make sure you have your pci locked at 100..... and set your memory at its default specs. do not leave it in auto..... I did that and when i checked my memory was running at 1200mhz. Seach for P5E here on the forums and you see what setting to not leave in auto. I'm at work so i can't be to much more help

Yeah i set the voltage to 1.9, and i have the FSB strap at 266 i think so i can run it under 800mhz to give it some room, im stumped as to why i did have it at 380 now it wont go past 375

OK so i just removed 2 GB of ram, and i can now get it too 380 fsb, after looking closer the ones i removed are the older ones rated at 1.8v, they're revision 5.1 the newer ones i put in the other day are rated at 1.9v and revision 7.2, this is obviously the issue?

two different types of memory might give you some issues. your going to have to change your cpu volts probaly to clock any higher.

try giving your nb about 1.4v. See of it helps with all your mem sticks. 380-400 could be
Pushing CPU already. What Volts did you set your vCore at?

just ran orthos and it died within about 20 seconds.

just tried running it with the same settings but with vcore up to 1.3750 and after the reboot i no screen and have to hold the power button down then reboot and get the overclocking failed message, whats that all about?! im on 702 bios btw.

1.375 seems low for what you're trying to get. Start out at 1.4v and keep going up until it goes away, be careful with your temps tho. Then again dont leave your NB voltage to auto set it to atleast 1.4v. And of course your mem to 2.2v, but you already got that

2.2!? i've had it at 1.8 / 1.9, im trying not to overclock the ram atm, should i still have it at 2.2?

just done a little test left the fsb at 360 (which was working with vcore set to auto) and upped the vcore to 1.375 and i get the same no screen gpu fan goes mad, hold the off button the reboot and overclock message failed.... it does not like high vcore ...what should i do?

Dont see how that would make any difference, the temps are below 45oC

Thats the thing it wont boot correctly with a vcore of 1.3750 or more...

Thats the thing it wont boot correctly with a vcore of 1.3750 or more...

I dont know why it wouldnt boot at or above 1.375v

Can you check and make sure that your memory is running in synch (1:1 divider) also did you even try raising your NB (MCH voltage) to 1.4v atleast?

Why dont you try these:

FSB: 380
CPU: around 1.45v
MCH: around 1.5
Make sure your memory is running in 1:1 so it stays near stock

If that doesnt work out, try raising your vCore up to 1.5v to compensate for the voltage drop.

Did you disable what needs to be disabled? like spread spectrum, C1E, Speedstep? Did you lock your PCIE Freq to 100 or 101?

1:1 is 400mhz yeah?, and i havent touched the pci setting it stays at 100, is that locked? if not how do i lock it?

Back