• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

give me some input on a XFX MG-610i-7059 plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hank123

I found a XFX MG-610i-7059 **** cheap and im thinking bout buying it. I think i would run a C2D or maybe a quad on it.
I know for the most part nvidia sucks at OCing quads how ever i wanted to know how this would be for a c2d. I can find any reviews out there so if someone knows that would be great.

well its a 600's based but the name indicates that it has a 7000 video chip. ocing a dually should be no problem, hope you know the ram only runs in single channle mode...

oh i did not know that bout the ram. If I could get it for 30 bucks to build a folding rig how do u think it would work? I am thinking of running super daves B3 ES Q6600 on it to fold.

BTW how do u know it only runs in single channel?

oh i did not know that bout the ram. If I could get it for 30 bucks to build a folding rig how do u think it would work? I am thinking of running super daves B3 ES Q6600 on it to fold.
well the 600's dont oc quads well.. you could try to pad mod the q6600 in the board. that is if the bios support 1333fsb... i personally wouldnt do it since the ram will be single channle mode. would in some fashion limit the quad while oced if stock speed i dont see a issue. if the ram speed is fast enough, say DDR2-800 cas4 or ddr2-1066 cas5

BTW how do u know it only runs in single channel?
i use to be in the NV user group, last meeting there was only one other person and me. since my emails never got responded to by my 2 contacts, i was left to assume it was over... anyway, i got to see the Slideshow for the 7000 boards and it stated single channle mode.

while your board i couldnt find on XFX USA site, any 7000 from EVGA is the same
http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=112-CK-NF72-K1&family=400
as you can see it states single channle mode for ram. I have not seen any posts/reviews yet but i do assume NV fixed the issues with 8000's for intel.

*edit*
btw for about $15 more you could get this instead..
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=MB-G31M7
imo would be more suited to a quad then the 7000 board and you get dual channle mode.

Last edited:
ok right on. how would that clock a q6600? i dont think the q6600 being that its a B3 and a ES is going to get clocked much cause it runs so HOT!

well even for a B3 i think 3ghz is doable on that gigabyte board... G31 can clock just like the G33/G35 pretty high with the right cpu. givien the low pwm phase on MATX boards i wouldnt push a B3 much past 3ghz on one.

overclocking the XFX MG-610i-7059

I am currently running this board XFX MG-610i-7059 with a 3.8ghz dual core pentinum 4 processor and 3g of pc5400 ddr2 ram and would like to look into overclocking it. How much of an improvement would I get from doing this. and..how would I start?

Back