• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS Sound or Beeps (Asus P3B-F)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asw7576

:D

Hi, I have questions regarding bios beeps. I am about to overclock my sister's Asus P3B-F mobo. The problem is: after the computer delivered, I cannot see any sign of life on my monitor. The monitor is totally blank, and the LED remains yellow, not even a green little bit.

I check ALL connections, re-seats VGA card, re-seats CPU. Nothing happens. The response I get: The Bios makes 1 long beep and 3 short beeps. After the beeps, the hardisk is rotating for about 1 minute (probably loading windows) and shut down by it self to complete stop.

What should I do? Any help with the meaning of bios beeps?
Thanks Man....

Sounds like your computer does not want to boot with your overclock, in other words, it is too high.

The beep codes depend on what type of bios you are using. You can find a lot of info on beep codes here:

http://www.bioscentral.com/misc/mysystem.htm

Keep in mind that if your computer is rejecting your overclock, it may give you a false bios beep code because the the overclock failure...

Yeah, the 1 long beep and 3 short beeps mean that a video card can't be detected. Even when it is in the slot, sometimes they can wiggle their way out enough so that its not making a proper connection. Its the same code for my ASUS motherboard. Annoying when that happens...

Back