• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Simple" Socket 775 P35/X35/X48/P45 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aamsel

Registered
I am about to order an ASUS P5Q of some sort.

I know that, as far as o/c BIOS configuration, etc. that DFI has the reputation for being the most complicated to setup and tweak.

These ASUS are not quite as tedious, but, apparently not "simple" either.

I know that no mobo is that simple, at least when o/c comes into play, but what would be the best overall 775 board, in your opinion, with any of the 4 northbridges listed above, that is lease complicated in terms of BIOS config?

Again, highest possible quality, least tedious setup.

Is that possible?
I doubt it.

Well, the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L is pretty light on the wallet and is an easy overclocking board. It does not have RAID, and only has one PCI GPU slot, so no SLI or Crossfire.

Small bump on the VCore, crank up the FSB and maybe a RAM divider and I can get around 3.4GHz on a Q6600. Usually run it around 3.2 untill I have time to do some tweaking with it.

E

Thanks, any others?

99 percent sure I am going with the ASUS anyhow.

I have read that the ABIT IP35 Pro is not too much trouble to fool with, but if I get a P35 I will probably wonder for the next 6 months if I would have had a better product with the ASUS P5Q -E or Deluxe.

Back