• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC HELP, Abit ip35 pro, q6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mcgrunt42

Registered
INfo is in my sig, Use to be stable at 3.6 ghz, now i either can't get it to post half the time or with the right adjustments windows will load but 3dmark06 crashes , not sure if i dont have the ram right, or the fsb or the multiplier

2.0v on ddr2 voltage
1.3v on cpu but will run 3.2 ghz on 1.12
multipler 400 x 8
5 ,5 ,5 15 timings
everything else is auto
also running 3.2 ghz right now but core temp and cpuid says 3.6
can someone give me some suggestions on what settings i should try in the bios to get some more speed out of this rig, right now running at 3.2 my temps are only 32c under load is 45. im sure i can get more out of this but something im not checking is holding me back. also c1e and eist function are disabled wont' boot with them on

Also just wanted to add, if i can't get it to boot into 3.6 ghz, then my ram will not run above 800, but if i run lower fsb then ram will go 1066.
i am also running bios v.14

sorry i missed this thread some how... what are your NB and cpuvtt settings in bios?

what is the northbridge setting under, and the vtt is i think 1.23, if im not mistaken there are only 2 settings for the vtt and i have the higher one, i think i have it stable now , haven't really primed it for 12 plus hours yet, haven't had the chance, but ive had it here before, 1.37 volts, and memory is 2.1 v running at about 1000, 3.6 ghz, 4x900 , my temps are only 39c idle and 52 load, do you think i can go higher?

northbridge voltage is in the same location in the bios as cpuvtt,see my link in sig for pics of the ss. also in the uguru panel if you have that installed. you can change voltages and fsb in windows with urguru. is imo a bit safer to use when ocing. that if it locks up when it restarts it reverts back to the settings you had in the bios before you started messing with uguru.

I am will to bet you need more cpuvtt, also keep in mind that NB votlage directly limits how much cpuvtt you can use. if you have cpuvtt at 1.23 then you should be using the same nb voltage as me or a touch lower, im at 1.33nb/mch voltage.

4.0ghz? Air or water?

Has anyone gotten there q6600 up to 4 gigahertz on air or water cooling, i have a tuniq tower120 with a silverstone fm 121 for the fan inside of it, my load temps at 3.6ghz are only 52c, i think that i can go alot higher. Thinking about going with watercooling, mcp655 pump, apogee gtx or d-tek fuzion waterblock, one of the black ice gtx 240 or 480 radiators. Would it be worth it . With that setup could i get much more performance than i have now with good temps?

very few G0's have hit 4ghz 24/7 stable some on air some on water. may not be worth it, you should be able to hit 3.6-3.8ghz on air.

with a good water setup you would be able to push cpu, about another 400mhz tops. the cost just for another 400mhz with a watersetup will be high. my thought would be to get another fan, same as the one your using. then do a twin fan setup on the hs...

How would i set up the other fan, ive already got 2 intake 120mm fans on the side of the stacker, 1 on the side for exhaust, 1 in the back for exhaust, 1 in front of the hard drive cage for intake and another up top of the case for intake, isn'jt that enough?

i was talking on the hs it self.. depending on the case you may not be able too.

hmmm

not quite sure how i would put another one on the heatsink, the fan that the tuniq has now is inside the heatsink, but the case is a sstacker 830, shouldnj't be any limitations as to what i can do depending on the case.

in that case you want 2 more fans.. use zip ties to attach/hold the fans in place. use fans that are the same model or as close to that fans specs as possible. assing more "pressure" thru the fins will help with cooling on the hs. im tring to find that thread either here or at XS where someone mounted 2 more fans and it dropped his temps quiet a bit. im still looking when i find the thread i will post it.

u mean on the outside of it right? lol and yes i would appreciate that very much, im still considering getting water cooling setup, from all the forums and reviews and sigs that i have read, i am getting great temps, very high 3dmark 06 scores and superpi runs compared to everyone else with very similar setups, i think i got a special chip :p lol

a friend of mine has the same cpu and mobo as you do. but he is having a hard time getting past 3.7ghz on air or H2O set up. which he is now on.

i have hit 4ghz with my set up but right now it is summer out and the temp in my room here is to much. in order for me to keep it that high. the cpu voltage is @ 1.62 volts. since mine has a .005 volt drop under full load..

4ghz settings
cpu - 1.62v
ddr2 - 2.1v
cpu vtt - 1.57v
mch - 1.64v
ich - 1.32
ichio - 1.60
ddr2 ref vel - 0%
cpu gtl ref - 69%
cpu gtl ref - 69%
bus speed -445
multi - 9
1:1.20 - 1068
which seems to be working but my room temp of 86f keeps the cpu temps up and also north and south bridge temps up as well. to high for my liking .

i even had to go from my normal over clock of 3.81ghz dont to 3.6ghz because of the temps.

Another thing to consider on this board is your PWM temps. Also the NB. Due to it only having 4 phases heats it up, it can easily reach 90 once you oc a quad with near or above 1.6v

There is a heat pipe mod at the XS for it. Maybe evil can find the thread and point it to you.

There is also a vDroop mod for it, that should you with its stability and temps since you'd be only needing less volts then. But that's only if you're comfortable working with a soldering iron.

yep i have done that mod to this mobo when i 1st got it. it was kind of hard to find the washer with the rubber side on them. since my town has lost a lot of the good hardware stores.

i also put 40mm fans on both of my bridges to help in cooling them. like this

and i have the Aerocool FP-01 as well . and i use 2 of the thermal temp probes , and i put one into both of those 2 heat sinks. so i now can monitor the temp when ever i want to. which is very nice pc of hardware. since the 55-1 digital card reader is nice.

100_0866.jpg

100_0888.jpg

that is a sweet piece of equipment, oh yeah i ran prime 95 all night and day,. small ffts and some blend, 3.6ghz, 400x9 on air, temps never above 52, 1.37v. I really think my case helps out alot, i dont even have that good of airflow as it could be becuase of my poor wiring job, probably would be alot better if i made it alot neater in there, gonna post a pic for everyone to see.

pics

omg i can't believe this rig is already this dusty and dirty and its only 8 months old and we dont smoke or anything, must be alot of air flow going through there with all those fans, noise isn't a problem, my main concern for going to water would be the dust but i would still need cooling for everything else besides cpu , etc.
SS850448.jpg

SS850449.jpg

SS850450.jpg

newdesk2.jpg

SS850410.jpg

mbramtowercloseside.jpg

coolertop.jpg

parts.jpg

Back