• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xantom

I have an old system I built a while ago. I installed an Abit IC7 motherboard, and shortly after the on board fan was making noise and continued to do so for years. After it booted it seemed to quit. Now however when I turn it on everything fires up like normal but I get no output to the monitor, the keyboard does not light up, and the mouse laser does not come on. Just thinking that possibly the Mobo is shot, not sure but I suspect that to be the problem. I have pulled everything and reseated all components, and checked all connections to no avail.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

if you mean the chipset hs fan quit working? then yes the board is dead, as the chipset got to hot and is now damaged.

Yes the chipset fan. It makes noise but never quit working, it still comes on. I guess I will have to replace it. Thanks.

wait thats different then the motherboard is still fine as long as that fan was running. have you tried new ram or another video card? even what about tring another cpu?

Back