• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia 750i chipset and RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonSimonzi

So in all my research of the 750i chipset based boards, it says it only supports up to 800mhz ram. But in a review I was reading of the Evga 750i board, it said in the bios you can put the memory up to 1400mhz. So if I got that board and plopped in some g.skill 1000mhz RAM, would it work?

probs. you may have to manually set it to that speed though. my old motherboard said it only supported up to 1333mhz fsb, but you can overclcok it to make it higher. probably the same thing with ram. i'm pretty sure it will work

DDR2 isnt hitting speeds like DDR3 is. asking some non micron based ram to hit some DDR? or SDR? 1400mhz is really alot.. the highest so far for DDR2 ram speed is DDR2-1200.. they take 2.3v to do it...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...052108080+1052427322&name=DDR2+1200+(PC2+9600)
then dont forget for 2.3v+ you need active cooling on the ram. i still dont see you making it to ddr2-1400 with that ram i linked to or even the stuff you got. you may be lucky to get the ram to ddr2-1066 cas5.

now if your asking will the DDR2-1000 work on a board specced for DDR2-800. yes it will since on the NV boards you can run unlinked mode or even with a higher divider. assuming your not running stock with tring to use the higher divider, for stock then you would use the unlinked feature.

Back