• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit bf6 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SecretMan

Registered
need help,:eek:
My motherboard don't see the right cpu (p2-300 seen as 133) (p3-coppermine 667 seen as p333e) and the system was very unstable im not able to keep windows running.

The motherboard multiplicator dont work just the fsb work 66 ok it boot 75 ok it boot 100 it boot but rarely and 133 never boot. i try my cpu on different computer and work fin, ram is good too

the max the computer start for the p2-300 : 200
for the 677 is 500

my setup :

Motherboard: Abit bf6
Ram: 96 sdram
Hdd: 2.1 gig
Video card: viper II agp 32 mg
sound: n/a for now
network: d-link 538

i try win 98, win me, win 95 is the next i will try. in dos mod is ok nothing bug but i still wrong cpu speed. why the multiplicator can not working? in the last 3 day i just have 3 hour of sleep, the day i work and the night i work on my ±@¢¬¦¬¤¦³ computer last year i work fine and a very fast system.
if you have any idea of somthing to try tell me!

tank's a lot

J.P.
:(

You can not change the multipler on Intel chips. S0....

What kind of RAM do you have??? PC-100?
If you have problems booting at 133FSB it could be your RAM is not rated for 133 FSB.

The CPU will read the wrong speed when it is 1st posted.
Abit uses the lowest FSB setting on the 1st post. You can simply change it in the BIOS to its rated speed. So, not a problem with your board.

ok my sdram i have is 133
and the default cu speed is 233 it's why i can bott it the first time whit soft.. i need dipswitch.

but the multiplitacor not work after....

now imtrying to install win 3.1 because in dos mode it run and no bug.
will see later

tank's but problem are there :(

good

i install windows me and a other video card (viper 550 pci 16 mg)
not win dows work fin i can play game but the cpu cannot have is real speed. and the multiplicator not work.

please what can do this???

tank's a lot

J.P.

Just set the multiplier to the CPU's rated speed....
Some CPU's drop their speed when the mutiplier is changed...
DONT USE THE DIP SWITCH
Set it to softmenu and hold down INSERT when booting.

i tell you i canot boot the computer more than 200 mhz
in the speed easy is 233 the default, i try to put user=66 *3 no boot whit the 667 coppermine i can use the soft menu but not whit the 300 and the 667 is the cpu of my freind :p

and i just use softmenu after an boot whit dipswitch set at 133
after ianc use softmenu, but if i change multiplicator it do nothing, but if i change the fsb it change speed. but i try cpusfb and many other to correct in windows. and the prog tell me the multiplicator is set to 5.5 and is not that is set to 2 indip switch ans when is sotf menu botted is 3 where it can be change???

i try many thing to set the rignt speed dip switch soft menu andthe multiplicator not work i dont know for what reson but that my bug!

tank' a lot for your info ,but allways not working at rignt speed.

J.P.

I am not sure what you were trying to explain here. But, I would recommend you that you set the dipswitch back to default, do not do anything on it. Then, boot you computer and hit "delete" (until it goes into BIOS setting.

I'm not pretty sure about the clock multiplier and FSB of the P2-300, but the multiplier and FSB of the P3 667 is 5 and 133MHz I believe.

Does anyone know the multiplier of the P2-300?

Ok, let's take the 667 as example. Go to the CPU type and look for 5*133MHz. I believe it should help.

Wait. What kind of CPU are you using? Flip chip or Slot? Are you using a slot-Flip Chip Converter card?

ok your wrong my board take p2 p3.
for the boot i now del was for enter bios but when i say not boot is blank screen...
hdd load mem load but no screen and not load dos and win.

and in the bios i can set all abit i a superb board but now the only settong for the cpu that work is fsb when i change ti it work on speed but not the multiplicator. voltage too not work.

i canot put 100 133 fsb on 100 ti boot rarely in 133 never booted

the bios is the last one.
help me some one :confused:

J.P.

it still not great work.....
i put it in part and wait to have new idéa for it
tank's.....
J.P.

Back