• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Awole lot of beeping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xgtdec

Hey Guys

As expected i upgraded my processer and i now have a nice x9650 quad core and baby it flies, now i am presuming that if i installed the processer in-correctly then Vista would not load, bur vista does load, and i get a nice bios beep, and the board displays the FF on the reader which as far as i have read, means all is ok, but damn it because ever since i changed the processer i now get beeps, more often than not it a Hi Lo beep like a siren, and then just un common beeps here and there.

So i could not find a reason, cpu temp is 32oC and i consider this quite cool for the chip. I went to the bios and disabled everthing in the OC Guru section that was marked to beep, this has stopped it and now i have to add one back at a time to see what causing it, has anyone any ideas as to how everything seems to be working fine and all temps are good, but the board just keeps going beep beep untill i disable beeping!!!! lol, its starting to annoy me!!

HI-Low beeping for me meant no cpu fan plugged into the fan header on the board. Since the bios we seeing zero rpm when it was set to alert at below 1500rpm. also happened when temps were showing higher then normal. did you clear the cmos first then put the new cpu in?

Clear the cmos and then fit the new cpu,,,erm, well that may not have happened, but by god i have cleared it a hundered times since, the bios can see the new cpu and all that, should i go back and start it all over?

the check the HW monitoring in the bios and see if any fans are showing lower or zero for RPM's. also check the voltages in there too. since you have cleared if now or after wards it would do the samething as if you cleared it before putting it in. something else is up, like i said i think with the HW mointoring..

yep indeed its seems like that, but with out any known diag tools i am gonna have to do temps, voltage and fans one by one and see what produces the beep, dear god i hope its one and not a combination, the other strange this is that if i enable sli ready memory, the bloody thing fails to boot, but i imagine thats another days work!!

Back