• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Striker II Formula 95% Stable, what's missing to get 100%?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zach8202

Ok, I've got my rig running fairly well. Like the title says it runs stable 95% of the time. That 5% results in a crash (in the form of a freeze/lock up).

There are three scenarios that cause my rig to freeze:
1.) After playing any game I choose...COD, Company of Heros, Ghost Recon...etc. I can run any game for however long I want (have played up to 3 hours) with no crash ever (so far). If I let the comp sit 10-30min after playing it will freeze (maybe every 1 in 5 sessions).

2.) If I leave the rig on for 18+ hours there's a good chance it will lock up with or without load, doesn't matter what I'm doing..web surfing, gaming, etc (happens maybe 3 in 5 sessions).

3.) Running Prime55. It locks up every time between 2-4 hours after starting.

*I know my memory is 100% stable - I've run memtest for 24+ hours straight with no errors.

*Comp Specs:
Striker II Formula
Q6600 OC'd @ 3.5ghz
Corsair Nautilus 500 liquid cooler
Two Kingston HyperX 1gb DDR2 1066 KHX8500D2/1G = running in dual channel
OCZ GameXStream 700w PS (OCZ700GXSSLI)
Two WD Caviar 16mb 250gb 7200rpm SATA @ Raid 0

*It's not an overheating issue - all chips are well below max temps @ full load (including NB)

*Bios Settings
FSB = 1556
DDR Freq = 1066
(use x9 muliplyer)
FSB & DDR are unlinked
Mem timing = 5-5-5-24
Voltages:
CPU voltage = 1.35
PLL = 1.6
VTT = 1.28
Memory = 2.2
NB = 1.42
SB = 1.6
1.2 HT = 1.25
Everything else is set to auto.

So my question is, what can I do to fix that 5%?
I'm sure its just fine tuning bios settings but I'm not sure what to change at this point. Also, if you happen to see voltages that probably don't need to be turned up so much please point those out as well.

Thanks ahead of time!

I believe you are going to have to give the CPU little more juice. You are asking allot from that CPU at 1.35v. Everything else looks about right.

Back