• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Boot, no beeps, no fun!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

swmpthng

i just bought a p5b-mx, put a good pentium 940-d in it which runs fine in my p5n32 sli, i get no beeps, no boot, nothing, i have tried several motherboards both intel and now asus. i think this is a bios version problem. can anyone confirm? if so how can i get the correct bios that will run the 940 or 945 d cpu on the motherboard?

i would try clearing cmos first by pulling battery unplug from wall set your ctr jumper to 2/3 or as manual say for 10 min.s or so you can check the asus site for cpu support
Rich

cpu is supported by board, i'm going to try resetting bios, just wanted to see if anyone had any other thoughts or if anyone had encountered this and had a solution.

My MRF had a similar problem, it ended up being an old BIOS version. I would flash the newest BIOS available.

where can i go to view procedure or how to flash bios. i tried it with intel board and was unsuccessful. i figured it to be a bios problem just that intel technical support would not help me which is why i switched back to asus board , tech support is a little better with them, more willing to furnish info.---thanx

ezflash will not work, from what i read you have to be in bios setup to use it. i cannot get into bios setup. i get nothing! no vid, no beeps, no nothing, i wish i got nothing, then i'd be getting something at least. cpu is fine, mem is fine, monitor is fine, i'm going to reset bios, (move jumper to 2,3 rather than 1,2 and then replace battery and then move back to 1,2 and try to power up. if that don't work then i'll have to call asus. i figured i can't be the only one that this has happened to. it seemed like everyone on this forum a while back was recommending the p5b board and using it with no problems. i have never had problems like this before and have built 50 -60 rigs. i decided to build my friends kid a rig and it has been 6 mobo's and two weeks trying to get this done. i'm going to pull every hair in my head out pretty soon!

Back