• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking about upgrading to an Abit IP35 Pro XE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trist007

Registered
I currently have the Abit IP35 Pro. Was wondering what the benefits are of getting the XE edition. Only difference I see is the native FSB is 1600 on the XE while the one I have is only 1333. Also, the XE supports native DDR2 1200 while mine only supports native DDR2 800. With the XE, would it be easier to raise my FSB? Plus, having faster ram to make overclocking possible is nice. What real benefits am I facing? Just easier to overclock? I'd be using the E8400 on an OCZ 1000 watter psu. Thinking about going for the E8600 and this new XE board. What do you guys think?

nothing wrong with what you got now. its really easy for it to hit 400mhz fsb...

i agree,your mb will have no problems topping our either of those cpus.

Let me say what all the others have said....a little differnetly, find another way to invest you $s. If you haven't already, update your bios and hang tight, i.e. save your $s for later. :beer:

Let me say what all the others have said....a little differnetly, find another way to invest you $s. If you haven't already, update your bios and hang tight, i.e. save your $s for later. :beer:

I'll cuncur with that. Too many new toys comming out.

Back