• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ati Crossfire and SLI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slane420

Registered
Ok im stumped here, question is can you go SLI with a ATI crossfire board?

Asus P5q-e and the Biostar Tpower I45 these both are ati crossfire boards but could you go SLI if you wanted?

Tried googling info on this but came up nothing.

Also are the nForce 650i SLI chipsets decent? Is this board up to par to the 2 I showed? Asus p5n-e also found 750i known as a p5n-d wonder if its a huge jump. I just dont get the whole ddr2 800 would that mean is really slow it sounds outdated?

Last edited:
Nope. You cannot run SLI on a crossfire board. SLI is Nvidia (Nforce). The 750i is new chipset from nvidia and yes it's a huge jump. DDR2 is quad pumped ram ( 16x4=6400 (PC2-6400) ) which is what is being used now.

Thanks for the heads up and info. What do you guys think of this board P5n-d from asus?

Hmm, that looks pretty decent. If you want to go with a 750i board tho, I would go this route ;)

Awesome thanks ! :) That must be a great board you are the second person to recommended that board.

Thing is I heard theirs a problem and supposedly theirs video corruption going on with some people or it just does not want to work or something like that? I guess they need an update of the bios have they resolved this?

Could be just romures though.

Back