• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobo for around 150$ - must be good for OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ludacris06

Registered
Hi!
Here's the rest of the system - Mushkin 4GB DDR 2 800MHz CL4 XP2-6400 Frostbyte Dual Channel Kit, E8400, vx550 corsair, 4870+accelero s1 rev+ noctua NF S12 1.2k RPM, Antec 900, 1 NEC, 1x HDD and that's about it:D.. I think I'll have to buy a FDD too :D

I don't want crossfire or sli, .. I need a stable, low temp mobo able to clock my E8400 to 4ghz (I'll change the cooler when I'll do this).. I'd like it to have onboard audio and it doesn't matter if it's P35 or P45.. btw I've seen there are problems with some boards.. they can't read 45nm CPU's without a BIOS update and I'm a bit scared of doing this :D (I've read the flash method) but it's not a big problem cuz maybe I'll ask a m8 for help here..

Oh and I preffer ASUS mobos but I guess an Abit, DFI, MSI or Gigabyte would do well too.. :)

Last edited:
Hi.. thx for welcoming me:D
I can't find the DS3L version in my country.. :S oh and with P45 chipsets do I still need a BIOS update?

a friend of mine gave me some more recomandations like abit ip35 pro and DFI LANParty DK P35-T2RS.. what do you think about these? but I still have to update the bios, right? cuz they have p35 chipsets.. How can i make a bios update without going into windows..with the flash method? cuz I wont be able to enter windows if I'll have problems with E8400, right?:| .. btw what kind of problems will I actually have? cuz I have no idea :| lol .. I'll ask at the shop where I'll buy my stuff to update it for me lol

Back