• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with fsb/pci/agp settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Collek

Registered
Im using an Asus CUV4x-c with a Pentium 3 800eb with a Volcano 6cu+ and AS2 applied, Leadtek Geforce GTS and 2 sticks of 128 Pc-133.
I was able to get it stable to 900 (150/37.5/75) @ 1.8v, with temps at 33c idle and 38c load.

However, when I get to 155/38.75/77.5 its unstable. I used all voltage settings even getting as high as 2.05volts but its still unstable. I dont think that the temps are my problem though and my best guess is its the pci or agp speed thats hampering my progress. Neither could it be the processor since its a cDo chip (SL52P). I heard that it can get to 960 easily, yet im having a tough time just getting it to 930.

Does anybody have any solution to changing the pci/agp settings as my MB does not have one. It just divides the FSB by 1/4 and 1/2, thus 155 = 38.75/77.5. I had great expectations about this P3 800 as it is a cDo, even dreaming to get to 1 ghz.
I read that the pci can be divided by 1/5. any programs that do that?
Thanks for your help.

your dividers sound fine, its probably your ram...i suggest some Kingmax PC-150....6ns :)......dont be surprised if you can hit 996 with some high quality ram.....

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS :)

Thanks for your input.
Anyway, does it matter though that I set the System/Sdram ratio to "4:3", thereby running the Ram at 116.25 when I set the FSB to 155? or should I give it a shot running it 1/1? (fat chance< hehehehe>) d

When I configure it at 4:3 isn't it even better because its going slower than its rated max speed of 133? And yes, its a non-famous kind of RAM. (i didnt know when i bought it that it is also CRUCIAL in our overclocking odyssey. (pun intended).
JUst wondering. :rolleyes:

Back