• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelicPenguin

Anyone have trouble rebooting with this board? Often times if I reboot my machine, it will just keep rebooting until I hard power it off from the back, then wait a minute. That wouldn't be so annoying except that the bios reverts to a safe setting and I have to go in and reload my overclocked one.

On a related note, so crossfire is cripped on these boards? I was thinking of maybe getting two of those 4870s. I didn't know it wouldn't be full speed when I bought it :(

Thanks!
Matthew

Did you try removing 1 stick of ram and reboot it? There's been some talk about coold boot issues with this board. Removing 1 of the sticks of ram helps.

Did you try removing 1 stick of ram and reboot it? There's been some talk about coold boot issues with this board. Removing 1 of the sticks of ram helps.

Are you saying remove one, just to see if its the problems others have been having? I'd rather keep my amount of RAM :)

Crossfire is limited to 1x x16 and 1x x4. Two 3850s would probably run fine, but anything over that will have some bandwidth issues.

Ahh...so maybe I'll 4870x2 if those come out anytime soon.

Are you saying remove one, just to see if its the problems others have been having? I'd rather keep my amount of RAM :)

No. What i said was to remove 1 stick of ram, then boot up the machine and see if it posts. If it does, shut down and reinstall the 2nd stick.

You can always try swapping slots like so:

If the ram is in slots 1 & 3, switch them to 2 & 4. Still dual channel.

I had a power outage yesterday and had the same problem when the power came back up and I tried to start up my computer (I was at work at the time). It rebooted (without the post 'beep') several times. I then powered it down, removed the battery, and waited about 5 minutes before reinstalling the battery.

powered it back up and it has been fine ever since (knock on wood). You might give that a shot.

I love this board, but it's about time for an upgrade. :(

Back