• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tired of the BS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

White Rain

I have a P5N-T Deluxe and have had issues with it since I got it. I've RMA'd it once and got a diffrent one. Having issues still, have the wonderful video corruption problem, sata bug, ect.. hangs on boot when the sata dvdrom is enabled in the bios, randomly crashes and doesn't even stay functioning for 5m. Asus doesn't care, they keep running me around in circles and even if they do something about it they'll just send me another one of these again, being they won't exchange it for a diffrent product. Makes me glad to have invested 300 dollars in it... really.

Anyway, I have an e8400, ddr2, one video card (used to have 2 took one out and just running one now, when it runs that is).

I'm wanting a relatively cheap board being I don't have the spare money for anything expensive now, that is a really good overclocker but above anything else is stable, known not to have issues and problems, something that's going to work and not give me problems anytime ever preferably. I'd like pcie 2.0 if possible, and at this point I don't want another nforce chipset. looking for something less than $150 if possible. Please help!

<3 Your Forum name

Didn't read the post

Only joking

Check out the DFI Blood Iron - Relatively cheap, OC's like a mother

But no SLi

But still

OC's like a mother

Get the DFI DK P35 If you have the extra money

Either way...DFI Blood Iron or DK P35 Board is a winner

DFI Blood Iron - $114.99

DFI DK P35 T2RS - $129.99 <-- Get this one!!

Very happy with my Bloodiron. I have no desire to have two video cards so SLI/CF wasnt important to me.

Lose the sata dvdrom and go ide. Same performance, less problems and about $10 cheaper, hehe.

Asus P5Q or Gigabyte EP43-DS3L, asus is $139 and the Gigabyte is $99 at the egg.

Yeah, but those are so old. You look into a case that has IDE cables and you notice it right away. It looses sexy points because the common conception is that sata is faster, sleeker, and better. Even if it's way better, you put IDE in there, and you computer is no longer faster, sleeker, or better, OR sexier. (oh yeah, i did the double or).

I have never had an issue with SATA burners. I have used them for several years in a variety of motherboard chipsets and manufactures combined with a variety of burner manufactures. I think its a motherboard issue, not an SATA issue.

Huh, I wasn't aware SATA optical drives had problems over older PATA ones.

I haven't heard of there being many issues with SATA DVD-Rom's either, but there's an issue I keep reading about with the nforce chipsets 680-780's that people have issues, and I got lucky, got that problem and the video corruption problem as well!

I already have the drive so buying a new one won't exactly save me 10 dollars if I don't have to buy one =p

Back