• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Rampage formula bios problems!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reznik

Hi

recently i upgraded my system to:

Q6600 GO stepping (2.4ghz)
4gb (2x2gb) corsair xms 2 6400
Asus Rampage Formula MB
1 X His Radeon 4870 512 Gddr5 (cat 8.6 hotfix)
OCZ GameXstreme 600W
Western Digital 500GB 7200 RPM
Antec 900 Gaming case
1900xt amw 19" Monitor
windows vista home premium 64bit

so everything is fine installed windows vista 64 updated it all programs running properly. I updates the bios to version 4.03 (i think the latest according to asus) when i enter bios all options are set on auto. For some reason it will only let me change some values but not all, i.e i can change the FSB strap, but it wont let me change FSB frequency, i set the oc to manual
but still?!?? I can select and it highlights all the values but when i press enter
it does nothing i try all the keys but it wont let me change the values.

um this might be a dumb answer but did you try typing in the value you want?
with mine i had to type it in first then i could use the plus or minus keys.

Hmmm, I have a Asus Rampage on it's way to me now from the egg. I will be using a VisionTek 4850 for the time being and will bumpup the graphics to 2 x 4780-g2 in the near future.

My chip will be my old stand-by Q6700-XE.

Mane bro, I feel for you. I hope the prob gets fixed very soon. I will post my findins when I build my rig here. Hopefully I can be of some help.

BTW, I dumped my 64bit Vista U last week and reverted back to XP Pro due to the nvlddmkm.sys error

Time to go back to ATI and drive around the block... :)

i set the oc to manual
but still?!?? I can select and it highlights all the values but when i press enter
it does nothing i try all the keys but it wont let me change the values.

There are some values which are not valid by pressing enter on the RF BIOS. ie - multiplier, which is set to "Auto" will not allow you to change the value by pressing enter. You have to put in a valid multiplier number for it to work.

I believe there are a few other settings in this area which work in this fashion, especially FSB.

Back