• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eh?

can someone please explain me how to o/c memory? I don't quite understand. I don't how to or what everything means...

Overclocking the front side bus (FSB) automatically overclocks the memory since memory runs on this bus.

For instance, if you are running a system on 133MHz bus (266 for AMD) and you increase the FSB to 150MHz (300MHz for AMD), your memory is overclocked by 17MHz over default.

Some (most recent) boards also have the option to set the memory to + or - the host clock. This would be the case if you were running at 100MHz bus and had 133MHz memory. You would set the memory to HSTCLK+33 and it would be running at 133MHz.

Most DDR nowadays needs a little extra voltage boost to remain stable at higher frequencies as well.

Ah, my bad.

Well, the best site for memory timing explanations was Adrian's Rojakpot, but it seems to be down. They had a BIOS Optimization Guide that was fantastic.

Hope it's just temporarily down...was a great site. Check back there a few times and hopefully it will be back up. It was in Speed Demonz's lair.

If it doesn't come back up you might want to try the search function. That question has been asked quite a few times in the past.

Check out this link for info about cas.

Here's another link to an invaluable resource: pc guide

Here I'd gone and posted a note for you about hang in there, it's confusing when you're new, but then I saw you've been spending more time here than me.

ps nice truck

Last edited:
Back