• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ip35-pro problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaymz9350

I just received my true yesterday and after installing it i went to see if i could up my OC. i tried some settings i had from earlier testing for 3.5 and 3.6. on the 3.6 run i got a bsod and ever since the board will not boot without a checksum error. even if i load the bios from the error and change nothing and save, it still gets the error and resets.

Have you done the heatpipe bolt mod for the chipsets?

If not I would recommend that highly..

Those units are known poor contactors...easily resolved..

Have you done the heatpipe bolt mod for the chipsets?

If not I would recommend that highly..

Those units are known poor contactors...easily resolved..

no but i was just reading about it. I have added some fans to help cool them and the ram as my old HS took care of these for me. I've had this system running witn no problems for 5 months until last night.

I flashed To the latest bios and now it half works. I still get checksum errors but now my OC settings stick but the C1E settings and date and time reset on evrey boot.

Quite odd, I'd suggest either a different revision or a reflash, sounds like it just didn't take to the new BIOS right...

I flashed the bios because it was doing the checksum error. Also before and after the flash if i choose restart from windows it exits windows and just sits there with the fans spinning. I have no idea what this could be, I don't know if any other hardware could cause this or it's a mobo problem.

If a flash didn't fix that issue, my guess is either the battery is dying on the motherboard (quick/cheap fix) or the board is bad.

I hope it's not the board, I doubt they'd RMA it with bolts on the heatsinks instead of clips. Not that's it's not possibly the battery i've never seen one die in 5 months.

Quite odd, I'd suggest either a different revision or a reflash, sounds like it just didn't take to the new BIOS right...

you may have been right. I flashed back to the 14 bios and so far so good.

Back