• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA & XFX's 780i Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonSimonzi

Tell me I'm not going crazy, but these motherboards are virtually the same things, are they not?

Now to just decide between that or an MSI P7N Platinum...

Or an open box P7N Platinum for only $99...

i have question about XFX and nVidia? which one is more better? and easy to use? im planning to buy new mobo, but i dunno which one? tnx in advance:burn:

oops. additional question. open box? ebay? craigslist?(more cheaper) or brand new? (expensive)

Whoa there Killer, easy does it, lol. the 780 Chipset is Nvidia regardless of brands like XFX, EVGA, etc. I wouldn't advise open box, try Newegg or Tigerdirect if not retailer direct.

Well, I've decided on a 750i board, as I don't need the extra 2 SATA slots, and all the benchmarks I've seen show with current cards the 8 lanes vs. 16 lanes don't matter (would be 8800GTS G92's in SLI). So the Evga board at $190, MSI P7N Platinum at $150, or try the P7N Platinum open box from Newegg for $99...

Back