• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rampage formula, vcore and loadline calibration

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wijszman

Registered
I've started to do some benching with my new e3110 and rampage rig, i've set the vcore to 1.25 in the bios, and enabled loadline calibration (to eliminate vdroop).

I checked cpuz before starting up prime and the core voltage was 1.232, after stressing the voltage stays the same.

Is it normal for the voltage to be lower than what you set in the bios?
Not that I think it's a big issue, I'm just curious why this happens ;)

Yes, it's normal. It has to have some fluctuation for cpu usage. As long as it isn't a massive drop, you'll be fine.

Have fun with the rampage. Got mine a few days ago, love it. Has to be the best DDR2 board out right now.

That is one of the first things I noticed right away on this board...the voltages do not drop at full load...rock soild...

Mine is the opposite though...shows just what the BIOS shows for core...but mine OV's the DIMMS by .03 - .05v

So far I have been able to get the memory to 1300Mhz stable at 15-5-5-5 at 2.48v in VU (can get up to 1354 stabe in XP running 2.58v). I am still tweaking and still havent even come to everything yet, trying to get lower voltage. Also trying to get 1350 Stable (same timings or up to 18 cas), I think its in reach, just alot of tweaking ahead of me, VU is a pretty memory intense OS. The CPU is the bottleneck right now. Actually have been looking at the E3110 for my next CPU.

Please either post here or PM with some results when you get a few days on the rampage.

Also, what heatsink are you using?

Last edited:
using a TRUE in a cosmos S case with a lot of case fans ;)

I've hit 4ghz with 1.23 vcore and temps around 55, so looking good.
4,3 ghz with 1.28 Vcore failed prime in a few mins, but there's is still some room for tweaking there.

Will keep you guys updated

Back