• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question, water cooling an evga 780I motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xd4v3x

Setup
evga 780i
q9300 cpu
4gb of the corsair dom. ram
9800gtx 512 x3
1200w power supply
koolance case with all koolance parts

question for all ya peeps is that i am water cooling everthing on this motherboard but the problem is that when i install the chc-125 for the south bridge. i cant install the 3 video cards cuz the 2nd card is touching the south bridge water block. the south bridge is aline with the 2nd pci ex slot, so i was woundering if anyone had any ideas or ran into this same problem, and how to fix this, any info will help thanks and hope this made sence.

Water cooling the SB is a problem on a number of boards. I run a single video card and have problems, sometimes I can't use the main video card slot. With X3 I don't think you'll find a water cooling solution. My guess is you're going to have to go air cooling with an after-market fan.

Check with the folks over in the cooling forum to see if they have any suggestions. :beer:

Back