• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P4S333 mobo (questions)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shauns

sup im new to the boards, i am building a box right now, i was going to go w/ a AMD, but i broke down and got a p4 w/ ddr, i already have the mobo but the rest is going to be;

11 bay full server case
asus p4s333 mobo
PIV 1.7 Socket 478
Swiftech MCX478
probibly going to use the airduct ideas i saw on here
PC-2700 DDR

but my question is has anybody played w/ the P4S333? and what kinda tips can you give some one for just starting out w/ o/cing?
any kinda help would be great!

No body have any suggestions?

Last edited:
I picked mine up last week...

ASUS P4S333
iNTEL P4 1.8A (Retail)
Kingmax 256MB PC2700
Western Digital 120GB Special Edition
ASUS V7100 Pro Pure 64MB GeForce 2 MX/400
A-Open 16x DVD-ROM Drive
Turtle Beach Santa Cruze 6 Channel
Altec Lansing 4100 (4.1) Speaker System
iNTEL Intelligent Server 100Pro w/i960 Processor

(Will start moddin' soon)

this is what I build. This is also a very easy overclocker.

2400Mhz is no problem. With stock fan I saw the CPU temp at 42C and Mobo at 30-32C also if you go any higher that 2400 you'll want to use the jumpers for the voltages, when you get above that point the voltage autodetect doesn't work peroperly.

Just be sure to flash your BIOS to version 1003 there are vcore issues with earlier versions.

cool! :) l guess you are faster than me, am hole weekend installing/upgrating brothers pc, yesterday whole scsi stuff reinstalled on Asus333, keywords 'jumpers, chain order, etc...:)...
But my SCSI Stuff it works now:)

Yep: my board showed around 41C and Bios 1.03 is already in, had nothing to flash :) It is a 333'C' as i see on handbook, printed in january, fresher not possible...

So let's try the onboard VCore change (I tried just setting 2400 but then message 'overclocked appeared') and go to xxxxx soon

cheers MAx

maxleo

Flash to the 1004c bios(asus germany ftp) put you board back to jumper free mode,set the fsb in bios to 133 and your memdivider to 4:5,ie,166.
Then have a play with the memory timings,I currently run 2-2-2-5-2 which is pretty agressive but gives good bandwidth.(you may have to increase the voltage from 2.5 to 2.7 to get cas2 etc)
Now as you up the fsb the memory fsb will rise also,so you will be overclocking your cpu and your ram to get both benefits.
I need 1.6vcore for 2.4 gig stable and 1.675v for 2.5gig+,how far you push it is up to you!

Hi Bigtoe,

but you know i have already 1.03 bios, and set the onboard vcore +0.2 and NOT the bios value, to get rid that way the startup message 'overclocked cpu' (or similar..)?...

Or do you tell me this to get this way a 2700/333 memory 'compatible' 166hz Memory bus? With onboard-jumpers there is possibility to set Memory bus either '133' or '166', but unfortunately with 166 my pc did not start-up. 133 Memory-speed is a waste for my 2700/333 memory, no? but i'm not sure, i just not understand al thous dividers etc....:):)

I'll try out some more next occasion i'll have time - at moment i'm pretty happy with the solution just change 2 onboard jumpers:).

Thaks a lot ! & cheers max

I am having a similar problem, set it at 133/33 and it runs great (had to up voltage to 1.7) but it wont boot at that speed, saying something about post failing due to overclock, any suggestions?

I am running much hotter then you guys (55 c under load), are you using Asus probe or something else? I noticed mobo monitor seems to show cooler temps, shouldn't probe be accurate? I should be able to improve my temps, just have to get some as2 or 3 - using the stock thermal pad and fan :(

Also any of you having trouble with your fan rpm monitoring? My new Antec 350 with 2 fans is causing the bios monitor to report a failure, I emailed antec but no response yet...

The ASUS Probe actually comes in a little higher than the monitor in the BIOS. The probe software shows the CPU @ 40C (OC'd) and the BIOS shows it at 34C but the MB monitor in both Probe and BIOS are the SAME.

ASUS Probe Software v2.15.07

Back