• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-EP35-DS3L Boot Problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Im2Fast

GA-EP35-DS3L Boot Problem? NEED HELP PLEASE!

System Specs:
GA-EP35 DS3L
Q6600 (1.39375 vcore in BIOs)
OCZ Platinum Revision 2 (2 x 1GB, PC2 6400)
PNY Geforce 8800GT
535W Enermax PS

The Problem:
Before OCing, when I pressed the power button on my case, the PC would turn on instantly. After having OCed my system (406x8 with RAM @ DDR974 on max specified voltage of 2.1), when I press the power button, the mobo and fans turn on for about 1 second, turn off, then after maybe another 3.5 seconds, turn back on. After this, the PC runs perfectly fine, is stable under Prime95 and Memtest shows no errors. The thing is, when I put my PC back to default BIOs settings, this problem no longer occurs. I tried also putting the RAM voltage back to "normal" and clocking it back to around 800MHz, but the problem persisted, which means it most likely has nothing to do with the RAM and the overvoltage it is getting (.3v above stock, which is max specified on the RAM).

I am curious as to why this is happening and whether it is due to the specific motherboard, or maybe my PS is not supplying enough voltage for the OCed system? If this "problem" poses no danger to the hardware, I wouldn't mind this slight abnormality at start-up, but would still like to know why it occurs and how I could possibly fix it.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
When it turns on for the second time has it reset the BOIS settings? if so it means the OC is not stable.

Back