• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maximus Extreme VS P5E3 Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

curtisbouvier

Registered
i'm building a new computer soon, and these are the 2 boards i've narrowed it down to, the maximus has water cooling, but no WiFi, while the other has WiFi but no water cooling on the chip.

do any of you know anything that I should be aware of about these 2 boards?

I might just go with the P5E3 Deluxe, I do run water cooling, but only the GPU and CPU, cooling the mainboard isnt really a big deal since I don't plan to overclock.

One thing I really like about the Maximus is the option to take out the audio connectors,as I use a sound blaster based card. so it's less stuff in the way, but then again how often am I staring at the back of my case :santa:

lol

any tips would be appreciated!

thanks

Why would you spend so much on a mobo if you don't plan to OC....get a P45 board :beer:

i'm building a new computer soon, and these are the 2 boards i've narrowed it down to, the maximus has water cooling, but no WiFi, while the other has WiFi but no water cooling on the chip.

do any of you know anything that I should be aware of about these 2 boards?

I might just go with the P5E3 Deluxe, I do run water cooling, but only the GPU and CPU, cooling the mainboard isnt really a big deal since I don't plan to overclock.

One thing I really like about the Maximus is the option to take out the audio connectors,as I use a sound blaster based card. so it's less stuff in the way, but then again how often am I staring at the back of my case :santa:

lol

any tips would be appreciated!

thanks

I would probably go with the P5E3 Premium. Is there any reason you want an X38 over X48? It's better than both the boards you mentioned and it should be around the same price as the Maximus Extreme. It's not quite as flashy as the Max Extreme, but it's got wifi and is a better chipset.

-Collin-

I both owned P5E3 premium X48 and now P5E3 deluxe .

What I can say ATM is P5E3 premium is the worst board I had since 10 years .. random issues , freezes , BSOD whatever bios I tried ( not the last beta 0505 )

I could only found stability under occt 2.0a but never with prime/orthos small ffts .

it is well known for ram issues so take care what ram you get .

X48 is supposed to be intel flagship but it just remains a better binned X38 ..

I 'd recommend you go for x38 and save some money . It has 2 x 16 pci-express too and wifi

That said , some on xS did manage to go over +600 fsb with bios 505 but as I told there , I haven't seen so far lot of stability benches ...

I could go for 568 fsb with mine but what 's the goal if your rig keep unstable .. :screwy:

Now happy with my P5E3 dlx and my P5K premium blackpearl too .:)

So you say the P5E3 Deluxe actually works better for you than the P5E3 Premium? You are the first person I've ever heard say that. I'll have my P5E3 Premium tomorrow, so now I'm somewhat scared. :(

-Collin-

So you say the P5E3 Deluxe actually works better for you than the P5E3 Premium? You are the first person I've ever heard say that. I'll have my P5E3 Premium tomorrow, so now I'm somewhat scared. :(

-Collin-

Don't , it 's just my own experience of both chipsets

from what I saw , X38 and X48 may have strange behaviour depending on what ram you run . my cellshock may be responsible but never had problems with this X38 P5E3 deluxe. got it stable fast.

Maybe I was too unlucky with this board , but nothing compare to reviews where they tested it .. some of them argue to run only 1.35v on northbridge with 470 fsb , thing I never saw on forums BTW.. They said too it needed less voltages than other chipsets but I totally disagree with mine .

maybe asus send them " binned" ones .

for me , it was my worst nightmare . and I'm not a noob for o/c I think .

Waiting for your feedback.

lot of people got pbs at XS but others seem happy on the other hand .

What I 'd like to see is more proof of stability for 24/7 use not only max fsb !

Regards

Back