• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need BIOS help - DFI Infinity P965

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ben333

Folding for Team 32!
I installed windows XP on this rig over the weekend and now out of the blue it just won't boot. I have already tried unplugging the system, CMOS battery and jumper and hitting keys like DEL, ESC, F1, etc and no luck.

This is what I see when I boot: (in red)
Award BootBlock BIOS v1.0
Copyright © 2000, Award Software, Inc.

BIOS ROM checksum error

Detecting floppy drive A media…

Drive mode is : 1.44MB

Automatic Load AWDFLASH.EXE …..
!! ERROR – Load AWDFLASH.EXE Failed !!
Replace the DISK AND PRESS ENTER

(I hit the return key)
Automatic Load AWDFLASH.EXE …..
!! ERROR – Load AWDFLASH.EXE Failed !!
Replace the DISK AND PRESS ENTER

How I made the BIOS flash disk the first time was just copying over the files in DFI's .zip to a blank floppy - didn't work. The second time I tried making a DOS startup disk and adding DFI's files and autoexec and still no luck.

Any ideas? Time to order a new BIOS ROM?

Yeah I figured that thats what I'd end up having to do...

I use 2 floppy disks:

!) Windows boot up disk
2) Bios file & Flash proggy

Or just go to DFI's site and get the bios file with the proggy. It will prompt you to insert a formatted floppy disk, Once it's done all you do is set the bios to boot off the floppy first leaving the floppy disk you just made in the floppy drive. The pc will boot into the floppy and the bios will flash all on it's own.

My DFI Infinity 975X/G does it all the time.

Not sure but i think I have a rom chip but it's from a DFI NF4 :(

Hope you get it working again.

One last bump before I buy a new board or new ROM

Well, its got the friend MOSFET and I think if its going to have problems regularly it might not be the best board for my server...

Just wondering - where do I order a new ROM from? I might if she doesn't sell... by the way am I asking a good amount?

Well, its got the friend MOSFET and I think if its going to have problems regularly it might not be the best board for my server...

Just wondering - where do I order a new ROM from? I might if she doesn't sell... by the way am I asking a good amount?

i looked at your FS thread, as far as your is that a good amount, i dont know. depends on how much it cost for somebody to replace the rom and also whats the impact on the bulging cap. compare that to buying a comparable board that works fine.

Its not a capacitor, its a voltage regulator aka mosfet. Thanks... Anybody know where to order a ROM from?

Back