• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally 3.0 on my 680 LT SLi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boomer0909

yep you read it right its @ 3.0 (333 x 9)
its been a long time coming this is what i got:

vid: 1.2875
Bios Voltage: 1.26875
CPU-Z: 1.216V

Was Idle @ ~35°C(2-3° spread)
Load: ~47°C(same 2-3°spread)

running prime 95 now for an hour so its probably to early to get really excited but is getting to 3.3 being to optimistic

i know for some it may not seem like much but i have been fighting with this board for a month to get it to boot past 2.8 so to me its like waking up next to marissa miller (well maybe not exactly but damn close!)

error (comp freeze) @ ~2.5 hrs so bumped volts to 1.2875 per bios (1.256 CPU-Z)

ackkk up to 1.37500 per bios and 1.344 cpu-z

temps dont seem to be a problem as they arent even approaching ~55°c @ load but still getting crashes / freezes wether i am playing cod4 or prime95 is uping the juice going to help this or did i get all excited for nothing?

edit: Prime95 Stable now 6+ hrs @ 1.3750V per Bios & 1.344 per CPU-z

Last edited:
Nice! :thup: No, you did'nt get all excited for nothing. That's a nice oc :)

Just keep your eyes on those temps.

I know thanks to everyone who has helped me with all my noob questions to bad i spent my money for a new gpu on a new taylor made driver last night but that 9800gtx+ is going in my rig and soon

i should be safe up to about 1.4 volts is that a valid assumption?

I see no reason why not. 1.4 is not high enough to fry anything, but I'm not sure I'd want to keep it there for 24/7 use if you're going to keep that chip for a long time. As long as your temps are in the 30's idle, and 40's load, that's just fine.

Back