• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foxconn X58 Sexiness

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sno.lcn

Senior2 Member
Not s775, but there's not a nehalem section yet so :beer:

Terrible color choices though :-/

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-x58-nehalem,5829.html

,5-H-115541-3.jpg

,5-I-115542-3.jpg

*Edit: Looks like this was already posted in the intel cpu section, looks like I should have done a forum search :bang head

I like Foxconn's recent north bridge cooler designs, the whole "look like an engine" concept. :)

the red is fine, it's the other rainbow of colors that's slapped on top of the red that makes the board pretty nasty looking. Especially those DIMMs.. ewww.

Intel getting integrated memory controllers is very exciting. This is good news.
Also, six memory slots on an ATX board is sick!

the red is fine, it's the other rainbow of colors that's slapped on top of the red that makes the board pretty nasty looking. Especially those DIMMs.. ewww.

+1...yea i didnt really look...those colors do not match the rest of the board at all...i think they should prolly hire a graphix board designer =)...i think a black board with a nice big skull in the middle would be pimp..and match the pci slots etc to the board...not the junk white ones...but black, orange, blue, alien green...any of those colors would rock for pci slots etc...

Intel getting integrated memory controllers is very exciting. This is good news.
Also, six memory slots on an ATX board is sick!

isn't when you now need to buy 3 sticks of ram and ddr3 at that!

look like some coolers wont fit on that board.

i sure hope that 2nd blue pci-e isnt the 2nd port for crossfire...is so, when u install a video card its going to cover all of the sata ports

What i'm wondering is why they bothered with four x16 slots, but made sure they're not usable with the modern big graphics cards...

People crying about colors... get over it.
The only color you really notice is what the background, so to speak, color is. In this case, it's red. Your parts will cover up the majority of the other colors and any LED lights you got in your case will make the off colors almost completely unnoticeable.

hth

This board is gross, Nehalemnews has the specs.

The Foxconn board features include:
  • X58/Tylersburg 36D chipset with ICH10R
  • Ultra-low resistance, crystal, ferrite salt-core inductors, and solid ultra-low SR capacitors
  • Six-phase power
  • 2 PCIe x16 2.0 slots (blue) and 2 PCIe x16 1.0 slots (black)
  • 2 FireWire IEEE 1394a ports provided by a TI TSB434B22A chip
  • Gig-E via Broadcom BCM5786KMLG
  • Realtek’s ALC888S audio codec supports full 7.1 discrete analog output and optional Dolby Digital Live, DTS Connect, and Dolby Home Theater for real-time encoding of audio signals to an external processor or receiver
  • 6 SATA connectors
  • Debugging LED lights and a clear CMOS button
4 PCIe 16x slots, geegee! (How good are the 16x PCIe 1.0s again?)

Wouldn't surprise me if these boards are 500+ when they come out.

I'm confused by them only use 6 phase power though? Isn't that much less than even low costing boards now?

How big is that board? No way that is standard ATX

Last edited:
Nehalemnews has a thread devoted a X58 boards on exhibit. I can't find it right now, but there are pics of X58 Abit, MSI, Asus, Intel and Foxconn boards.

Agreed that the color is gross. That shade of red PCB makes me think of cheaply made chinese products that don't work.

isn't when you now need to buy 3 sticks of ram and ddr3 at that!

Very much agreed.

People crying about colors... get over it. The only color you really notice is what the background, so to speak, color is. In this case, it's red. Your parts will cover up the majority of the other colors and any LED lights you got in your case will make the off colors almost completely unnoticeable.

Also agreed.

What i'm wondering is why they bothered with four x16 slots, but made sure they're not usable with the modern big graphics cards...

Get four single-slot cards. Or you can get two single-slot cards and two dual-slot cards. I'm waiting for them to enlarge the standard for expansion card space. With quad crossfire/SLI, you've got zero room for any cards other than graphics with the current seven-slot standard. 9 slots should be a minimum, so room for 4 dual-slot graphics cards and one other (sound, RAID, etc.). 12 would be better.

I meant using two dual slot cards then a 16x slot for something else. if you WC, like some of us, or are using bigger cards, your boned out of using either 16x slots.

The board definitely looks like a dog ate a bag of skittles and coughed them back up.

I can't wait to see how these babies perform though... both the X58 and Nehalem!

Back