• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P43Twins1600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sam__

Hey,
I just got third in the asrock mobo givaway (w00t!) and won an Asrock P43Twins1600. Anyone know anything about this board? I know it does DDR2 and 3 and an FSB of 1600 n uses the P43 chipset. I was just wondering if it OCs and if so how well.

From looking around I cant find any reviews on it so looks like I'll be finding out when i recieve it. I can do a little run down if peoples want when i get it.

Werd asrock, and 1600FSB, well that can pretty much guarantee you 400 FSB :)

Exactly :D, so it cant be that bad.

I didn't even know there was a P43 chipset .. lol .. Congrats on the win tho .. When you get defo post up some stuff on it.

aha, I know, id only heard of P45. Seems like not many people have info on it as its new. I'll deff do some tests.

Hey Sam__

I won the same board as you! :) I have set it all up and are now looking to overclock but am having some troubles :(

I have found a few reviews that have good overclocking results:
http://www.tech4pcs.com/index.php?o...k=view&id=1276&Itemid=34&limit=1&limitstart=7

http://www.pro-clockers.com/reviews/?id=45&page=4
(this is the 2000 model but the Bios' are the same so I would expect similar results)

I have updated to the latest bios (1.40) from the ASRock site but it doesn't seem to matter what i've tried enabling and disabling on the cpu configuration page I can't get over 300FSB (my cpu E6300 so multi is 7) which is much worse then my old gigabyte P965 board which went to 423 FSB. Any tips for the settings on the cpu configuration page would be a big help! (These P45/P43 chipset seems to have a lot more bios options from the older P965 chipset.) I'm sure it's possible to get a pretty good oc with this board going by these reviews.

Cheers,

PS: I guy on the Anandtech forums got his Q6600 (multi 9) to 3.4ghz (FSB 377) which seems pretty good using the 2000 model board

What voltages are you running? cos the board con do 400fsb stock.

I had a few problems with it to start with but I should be getting it into my secondary rig with a celeron 420. I'll put up some OCing results when its all going.

Here are some nice pics:

1-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

Last edited:
What voltages are you running? cos the board con do 400fsb stock.

I've got the cpu voltage set to 1.4V, NB on High, VTT on High, RAM on it's spec and the rest on Auto.

Let me know what you go about setting everything on.
cheers.

I have the P45 version, are there FSB jumpers on this one? If so enable 1600FSB mode and you will be able to oc a lot better.

looks like im having a problem with it. BSODs when it tries to load windows.:bang head looks like an RMA is in order, of a product i won!

I have the P45 version, are there FSB jumpers on this one? If so enable 1600FSB mode and you will be able to oc a lot better.

Thanks for the tip!!! I had changed this jumper to the lowest setting (1066FSB) to match my cpu (E6300). I will try this out soon and post! :)

SAM__ said:
looks like im having a problem with it. BSODs when it tries to load windows. looks like an RMA is in order, of a product i won!

I had the same problem on my first boot. Turned out I had the HDD bios options incorrect. The default is AHCI mode or something while I have my SATAII drives in IDE mode. Once I changed that all was ok :)

Last edited:

That did the trick! Overclocked straight to 420 FSB no worries ... didn't need to tweak anything. And I feel it could easily go much higher but my RAM max is only around 430 (860 when overclocked) so I can't go any higher at the moment until I get better RAM and/or a high multi cpu. Highly recommend this board for anyone wanting a big overclock, lots of features for not much money!

I'm lost!

I also have the 1600twins board but with the e8400 and DDR3@1333. I switched the jumpers to force 1600 and it made the cpu 3.6 vs stock 3.0ghz. I am wondering if I should be setting jumpers to 1333 and overclock in the bios or if I am doing things right. I have had 2 restarts while running 3dmark06 and am about to put the jumpers back to default and see if that helps. also my ram is 9-9-9-26 is that too much Latency? did I buy the wrong ram? Last question would be do I set any of the voltages higher? I remember reading somewhere that someone had set this ram to 1.7v but not sure what they ment etc. Sry I am a noob to overclocking I've never done it before but I heard that these cpu's are made to be overclocked thanks for any advice offered.

Asrock P43Twins 1600 Overclocking! Need Help!

Hello
my OC friends.
I need help to overclock my P 43 Twins 1600.
I have read, that in this Forum are many Experts, also for the P43 Twins 1600.

I the moment i use the Board with a core 2 Duo 6400 Cpu...and DDR2 800 OZC Ram.
I have overclocked, at the moment, the cpu to 2,9 Ghz..from 2,1 Ghz (standart fsb core 2 duo 6400).
I have set the oc jumper on the board to the second position.

Vcore = 1,3875 V
Dram Voltage = 2.02 V

The CPU FSB is 366 Mhz....(stabel...test wtih orthos)

All other settings are Standart.

The Problem!
I can not overclock the CPU FSB to 400 mhz!
This is my target! I want not higher.
The Pc starts heavy, othos sends mistaks.

With which settings, can overclock the Cpu to 400 Mhz?

My greatest target however is a stable run and a long life for the Cpu and the board. When i set, for example, the PLL Voltage and the other Voltages in this area, of high...is this bad for the Mainboard??

I hope anyone can help me...to set the fsb stable to 400 mhz...

In the attachment i have a Screenshots from the Asrock OC Tool....
my current settings....but i want not overclock with this tool.. i want overclock with the Bios.

Who can help?

best regards
Jolly

Attachments

• Hardware Monitor.jpg
    Hardware Monitor.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 2,484
  • overclocking.jpg
    overclocking.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 2,492
  • Voltage Controll.jpg
    Voltage Controll.jpg