• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much liquid nitrogen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freak11

Hi guys,
how much liquid nitrogen is needed when cooling a cpu? How many liters in one hour? Is it worth using a liquid nitrogen based system for gaming and office work???

Your going to use about 2-3L per hour on a CPU. And no, office and gaming work won't happen.

160kJ/liter

Figure about a 100w heat load just from your ambient and a 100w cpu, and you will boil off a liter every 10-15 minutes.

lol why would you even want to cool your computer constantly with liquid nitrogen ... whats teh need of temps that low over even 15 mins ... let alone constant use

lol why would you even want to cool your computer constantly with liquid nitrogen ... whats teh need of temps that low over even 15 mins ... let alone constant use

I would if I could, and if it wasn't going to cost more than my first born :)

I seem to use around 5 liters an hour. But what vcore, clocks and load you use will change all that.

also, for safty purposes, if someone runs into your pc and knocks it over, some might get on them, were talking about some major frost bite :cry:

Back