• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[help] changing vcore in bios seems to affect nothing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nayruu

i have a GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L. ive been (successfully?) overclocking for the past few weeks on my new PC. i thought my Q6700 was stable at [email protected] volts. then i decided yesterday to restart from stock values and take my time with a more accurate OC to get a lower voltage, because i will admit i rushed a little this first time.

basically at this point i run on stock voltage and get to 3.0Ghz and im stable for like 2 hours at least before i ended the test. i figure its not important to keep running prime95 as 3.0GHz not my goal. im hoping to get back to 3.33 for now and eventually 3.66 is my ultimate goal. ill mention right now i know my voltage monitoring software isnt accurate (hwmonitor/cpuz/easytune) but it displays a voltage fluctuating between a 1.1 and 1.2 when its set to 1.3. it also says my 12 volt rail is a 1 volt and -12 volts is -.1 volts, but when checked with a DMM it was 12.2 volts and still running fine... my bios also displayed accurate voltages except for vcore, which i will now explain.

now when i shoot fsb up to like 320 obviously its just too much and i never get through the POST. i up the voltage a little from the stock 1.325 volts to 1.33X volts (basically incrementing in .01 volts at a time). well i check my pc heath status in my bios and it says 1.300. i still dont post and i increment the voltage again. i check pc health status... 1.300 volts STILL. again i increment all the way to like 1.450 volts and nothing ever changes. i never post. bios always says same voltage. its not really changing at all and i dont know where to read the vcore with the dmm for a 100% accurate reading... i found a picture of where to read the vcore on a p35-ds3L, but my ep35-ds3L is quite differently layed out, so not much help there.

Back