• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

780i FTW released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
?
it looks the same as the original?i thought they were going to put a waterblock on the nb,or at least improve the heatpipe system.did they only change the caps?

Yeah they are gonna add that heatsink later.(I think they had trouble with the supplier)But i think they are still gonna sell some boards without the watercooling NB because not everyone is gonna watercool with it.They were talking about it in the evga forums but im not totally sure.Oh they also added Vdrop control in the bios

lol @ 280$

Worth 200 tops imo, but that's just me.

No offense to Nvidia, but that board is a joke compared to the good P45's. You're basically paying a 100$ premium just so you can do SLI. Grats Nvidia.

8 phase power reg and solid caps.what is the original as far as power regulation?anyone know offhand?
i still dont understand why they would bother with solid caps.i mean how many people are going to own the board for more than a year or two lol?
id have liked to see a new heatpipe design personally.particularly something that has active cooling on the sb and better placement of the nb fan.

Yeah i just stepped up to the 780i only cost $90 it would have been $100 if i had known this board would have been ready before my step up expired.I still have 3 days but its to late i ordered the A1 780i.Oh well I might just sell the board when it gets here and get a X38/X48 or P45 board and two 4870's or a 4870X2 and just keep my P5K.Im not all that happy with nvida atm anyway

I wonder if Brollocks ill still get this board

Once the price goes down a little, I'll be picking one up. It's supposed to be the best board made bar none, and SLI to boot. The features on this board guarantee that it'll be a board I own and use for a long time to come. I'd pay $250 prolly but not more than that. Same reason I haven't gotten an Asus Maximus yet.

Quite a few new features
Why is it a $100 more though? They should have put them on the 780i in the first place.

To me, that just looks like they are milking people now. Come out with something better :rolleyes:

lol @ 280$

Worth 200 tops imo, but that's just me.

No offense to Nvidia, but that board is a joke compared to the good P45's. You're basically paying a 100$ premium just so you can do SLI. Grats Nvidia.

Yup, couldn't agree more. Nvidia based boards pricing is a complete joke compared to the new intel boards. I am an nvidia fan, but I will be moving to intel on my upcoming build. And don't give me that crap about Intel chips being cheaper to manufacture and such. You want to stay competitive, you gotta keep your prices in check. And if the price is gonna stay that high, I want something for my money that will put an intel to shame. SLI. Pfffft. If they milk me for that much on a board, I'm sure as hell not going to go out and buy two or 3 of their GPU's. Time to try Crossfire.

Why is it a $100 more though? They should have put them on the 780i in the first place.

To me, that just looks like they are milking people now. Come out with something better :rolleyes:

Again, agreed. At that price I want the most high quality parts and this board should have come equipped with everything on the 780iFTW from the get go.
They are definitely milking people, I seriously doubt that a 780 or a 890i is more than $100 superior to a P45 board like the p5q deluxe. Nice work Intel for putting out a $200.00 board that OC's like a serious board was meant to.

Last edited:
Yup, couldn't agree more. Nvidia based boards pricing is a complete joke compared to the new intel boards. I am an nvidia fan, but I will be moving to intel on my upcoming build. And don't give me that crap about Intel chips being cheaper to manufacture and such. You want to stay competitive, you gotta keep your prices in check. And if the price is gonna stay that high, I want something for my money that will put an intel to shame.

Again, agreed. At that price I want the most high quality parts. This board should have come equipped with everything on the 780iFTW from the get go.
They are definitely milking people, I seriously doubt that a 780 or a 890i is more than $100 superior to a P45 board like the p5q deluxe. Nice work Intel for putting out a $200.00 board that OC's like a serious board was meant to.
Oh thats what he meant by $100 more.Yes i agree with that for sure.Also just found there is no step up to this board

Last edited:
Oh that's what he meant by $100 more.Yes i agree with that for sure.Also just found there is no step up to this board

if you where trying to step-up it could be to the fact that its not on there website anymore >.> ill give them a call tomorrow. unless I'm wrong post it up by tomorrow please :D

I see it still there.....

Me to.

if you where trying to step-up it could be to the fact that its not on there website anymore >.> ill give them a call tomorrow. unless I'm wrong post it up by tomorrow please :D

And i already stepped up to the regular 780i so i couldnt step up to it now even if you could but since this is a limited supply board it wont be on the step up list but you can step up from this board to a 790

Last edited:
I'll be picking one of these up as soon as it shows up on newegg... we'll see if the hype helps the clocks... :)

Back