• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

decent board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eric2234

Registered
I just bought a pre-built system on newegg and I think I was sort of hasty about buying it. It looked like a great deal until after I payed for it I realized it had the msi g31m motherboard in it, and I've heard its not really up to par. Anyone else have any experience with this board and if so did you like it?

Last edited:
Welcome to O/C Forums :welcome:

The MSI G31M-F is a basic (mATX) board. Very few features as far as overclocking in concerned. You may be able to tweak it and get some performance out of it, but any high oc's you can forget it.

Pretty much a "set-n-forget" board Newegg Linky

Well for that price you could've built your own and had some money left over. If that's what you wanted, then I'm sure you'll be happy with it :)

Yep

Yeah I know I could of built my own, a lot cheaper, but I've never built a system before and didnt want to waste 600 bucks on a screw in the wrong place lol. I just got the system about an hour ago and the mother board is actually a Gigabyte g31m-s2 model.

Putting a PC together by yourself is cake. Everything only fits one way, between the manual and forums you can figure out most everything. The hardest part is usually picking the right hardware, and configuring software. Actually installing the hardware is caaaaake.

I had zero computer experence and built my first computer at 17. I had just learned how to copy/paste, that's how much knowledge I had lol. It took me several weeks of reading/researching/asking questions and bought my stuff. Was craaaazy nervous but it all goes together easy as hell!

Thanks man, I'm gonna take this system and modify it from time to time, probably start with a new motherboard, but so far this thing flies.

Back