• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crosair PC2700 Thoughts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slick306

Well, I want to buy some of this memory, it is VERY expensive right now. However, it comes with heat spreaders and it guarnteed for 333mhz CAS2!. I think this Memory would be able to handle 200mhz fsb no problem, espcially at cas 2.5. Anyone try this memory what do you think about it? worth it?

Slick.

I know of someone who bought it and he was disappointed.
Max he could get was 170fsb cas2 with 2.8v.

Just get some Crucial PC2100. It almost always will overclock much better than PC2700 modules typically do. Heat spreaders won't do much.

Crucial is risky because it is only certified for 133... Corsair is certified for 166mhz CAS 2! which means huge memory performance...

Slick..

I wouldnt get any 2700ddr untell some mobos come out that support it and the cost goes down

but hey if you have the money go ahead and buy it. But be sure to show us your results:D

Iwill's xp-333 supports it and in february there will be boards with the via kt-333 chipset as well as a sis chipset that will support it.

When those boards hit the marketplace the demand for 2700 will probably increase resulting in even higher prices.

Just a guess on a the price thou, maybe production will increase enough to keep prices steady or even go lower.

Back