• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus PQ5 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VeeMon

how is this motherboard for overclocking and stability since at the time i dont think i have the cash to put out 200+ on a board right now. Ill be pairing the board with a Q6600/ 2-4GB of Gskill ram not sure which speed to go for/ And a 4850.

P5Q Pro is about the same as the Deluxe, just different features. So, I'm not sure, you tell me how good it is:

580.png

;)

+1

I had a P5Q Deluxe that was a fantastic clocker, you really can't go wrong with these new P45s unless you really need full 2 16x PCIe slots.

such hard choices >.<

P5Q Pro with Asus 4850 is 309 due to special discount newegg has
while P5Q deluxe with Asus 4850 is 399.

Choices choices =/ im getting this all overnight/nextday cuz i cant wait xD my old

AMD 64 [email protected]
1gb of ram
6800gs
Asus SLI deluxe something xD
finally died out on me.

such hard choices >.<

Choices choices =/ im getting this all overnight/nextday cuz i cant wait xD my old

AMD 64 [email protected]
1gb of ram
6800gs
finally died out on me.

I was VERY tempted by the P5Q Pro and Asus 4850 deal I'll tell ya that much!!

NEW MACHINE

i just got a new machine with:
HDD-1Tb
intel C2 Quad Q 6600
P5Q PRO
Vga Pci-E EN9400GT 1GB HDMI ASUS
3 GB ddr2/800 KINGSTON
just for 430 euros

anybody can tell how good is it?

such hard choices >.<

AMD 64 [email protected]
1gb of ram
6800gs
finally died out on me.

HDD-1Tb
intel C2 Quad Q 6600
P5Q PRO
3 GB ddr2/800 KINGSTON
just for 430 euros

How good what is? Price wise? Performance wise?

Either one is pretty good.

HDD-1Tb
intel C2 Quad Q 6600
P5Q PRO
3 GB ddr2/800 KINGSTON
just for 430 euros

well the conversion works out to be $567 for that setup... imo it seems a bit overpriced for the prices we are seeing in the states.. for that cost it should have a better video card.

*edit*
i see your other post now, performance wise the cpu is good for most gaming. the lacking part, if you play games is the gpu, the ram might be a issue. as at DDR2-800 i have a deal about the timings, cas5 is way to high for that speed. should be cas4 at DDR2-800 speed ram, that is the best balance at that speed for BW.

Last edited:
well the conversion works out to be $567 for that setup... imo it seems a bit overpriced for the prices we are seeing in the states.. for that cost it should have a better video card.

*edit*
i see your other post now, performance wise the cpu is good for most gaming. the lacking part, if you play games is the cpu, the ram might be a issue. as at DDR2-800 i have a deal about the timings, cas5 is way to high for that speed. should be cas4 at DDR2-800 speed ram, that is the best balance at that speed for BW.

thanks for the comments :)

opps looks like my fingers got head of my brain. should have been the lacking part is the GPU.

Back