• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IP35pro v1.1 pipe mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

I picked up a ip35 pro v1.1 about 2 months ago.

Was running 500MHz x7 on my e6550 with 2x2GB gskill 8000's

I am not sure that I ran blend but small and large ran no problems.

Now I am down to 465MHz and still not getting prime stable after changing RAM (memtest ok... have not tested more then an hour or so though) im talking 1 sec blend rash.

Think the best I have gotten is 10 seconds.

So...

I know that CPUs have trouble with electromigration and such from OCing.. will running 500FSB do the same to a chipset?

Temps do not look bad in uguru, but I picked up some nuts/bolts/washers to do the bolt mod on the heatpipes anyway.. but the last 3-4 months I just have not had much free time. But come to think of it this has happened since I moved to the rocketfish case, which has terrible unmodded airflow...hmm maybe I should set the nzxt zero back up...

Is the pipe mod a waste of time in my situation? I would hate to spend 2-3 hours on it and then still need to get a new mobo anyway. (eyeing the maximus II but can not afford it yet)

Electromigration won't happen for quite awhile, 2 months isn't even close unless you are running the voltage WAY over the max spec.

It sounds like it has an issue with the new RAM, can you put the old RAM back in (or another set) and see if it goes back up to 500 stable?

Electromigration won't happen for quite awhile, 2 months isn't even close unless you are running the voltage WAY over the max spec.

It sounds like it has an issue with the new RAM, can you put the old RAM back in (or another set) and see if it goes back up to 500 stable?

Oh yah... should mention that

I moved the 2x2GB skills to the HTPC.. (and installed 4x1GB GSkill HZ's.. thats when i noticed the instability. Since that time I upgrade to 2x2GB OCZ Flex IIs and still have problems...)

Guess I will try 2x1GB skills then the old 2x2 kit and see if its stable still

The e6550 was bought used and I have been running it for ~6 months so the em could be possible

What bios are you running ?? Latest bios out of beta is release v17 for IP35 Pro.

When you changed sticks, did you reset the bios ??

No errors in small or large... not in 3 hours or so.. did not run it overnight however.

Yes I had to reset bios.

Schedule is changing at work, got a $3 dollar an hour raise but work less hours. YAH! So hopefully between tonight and tomorrow I will get this sorted out. If I have time I am going to do the pipe mod anyway.. can not really hurt I hope ;)

As for BIOS 16 is what shows on USA site... hmm i think I recall getting 17 from the TW site though... its one or the other I will check when I get home.

I apologize but I have a slight side track of a question that this thread reminded me of... I've got the IP35-E and I'm getting temps that are way hot on my MOSFETS/PWM reading. I've tried reapplying the heatsink that goes over them with AS5 with no real improvement. Is it worth the investment in something like AS Ceramique? The heatsink appears to be flat but the temps are just so bad.

No real differnce between Ceramique and 5 silver paste. Differnce is the ceramique is safer do to its non-capicitance.

Wish I had some left for this mod LOL

That's what I was afraid of, what about an aftermarket sink that is compatible with the mounting position? I tried putting a fan over the remount and it still peaks around 80C.

I did not bother looking as I can not see spending money on a board that is going tobe upgrade in a few weeks anyway :)

But you could check this post at XS out and try the bolt mod on just the pwm/mosfet sink. Once you pop the pins out it will be really obvious if your sink is making good contact the piece of insulation (lol) they put on there will only be dented in a couple of spots. At least that is my experience. Not on the P35 though just Abit boards in gerneral. Good performance at a great price, but quality control is not so high.

(I do tend to buy abit alot still)

Well for some reason 466Fsb was 30 minutes blend stable.

Only change was removing the 8800GTx and adding the HD4850. I was actually wondering if it was a software issue (my OS is semi corrupted because for some reason I could not log onto WLM when I uninstalled it and tried reinstlaling it... I only get the Live.com link no applications instlaled wierd...)

Can't find my V64 disk right now or I would be reinstlaling windows. Argh.

So I ordered a p5Q deluxe that Thid recommended in another thread of mine for real cheap and will run that while I do the pipe mod on this board :) Trying to get 475 stable now but windwos locked up....

This is going to make a kick *** back up PC :)

I tried doing that bolt mod to the MOSFET heatsink and I tightened it as much as possible without cracking some chips. I'm still getting temps of like 50C idle and 80-100C load. I don't know what else to do... I was thinking of picking up a 40mm fan to put over it but I highly doubt it will have a significant impact. :|

Fan will definitly help. In fact at XS they say you will need to use a fan after the bolt mod because now the heat actually will transfer to the sinks. You just gotta get rid of it now.

Back