• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's up with my DFI T2R P35 Board??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
Okay, I can't take it anymore... I've had the cold-boot issue for a VERY VERY long time now with my 2x1gb ballistix 8000 tracers (d9gmh). I don't turn off the power switch on the PSU so that I can POST everytime the machine is turned back on. If I kill power to board, I have to boot up with a diff stick of ram, set ram voltage to like 2.0-2.2v, and then turn off computer via CASE power button (not PSU), and then boot with the ballistix successfully.

Well now when the machine is off it rarely turns on manually... I'll explain what I mean by "manually". Well, when the PSU is turned on, the orange LED by the DIMM slot turns on but blinks VERY quickly. The orange LED by the bottom-post PCI slot turns on, but the blink is very hard to see (it's barely dimmed during each blink). The machine just won't turn on, but if I push the case's power button, the case's power LED blinks very fast also!!

After maybe 20-30 seconds, the blinking slowwwly dimms away and the orange LED by the dimm slots, and the LED for the case's power are completely off. The orange LED by the bottom-most pci slot stays on.

Eventually, the computer with automatically turn on by itself.

I'm assuming a BIOS update is not the solution and an RMA to DFI is?? My latest problem is now it turns on (by itself if I wait a long time) and I get no POST (no display). The latest change to the machine was I removed my 8800gtx and waterblock and installed a Radeon HD4850. I swapped the video card to a spare card (6600gt) that I have... and still it does the same thing... then eventually like 10min later the power button on the case responded to my command.

I'm going to try a bios update, but i've a feeling the board is just shot...? Anyone can comment?

If it is turning on by itself that sounds like the switch on your case is bad... D:

Are you sure nothing is shorting anything out? Like a screw loose behind the motherboard or laying anywhere? I remember a long time ago a loose screw behind the mobo was causing random restarts.

You might wanna look up in the manual what the lights mean, the one near the ram doesn't blink for me, just solid yellow.

Last edited:
If it is turning on by itself that sounds like the switch on your case is bad... D:

Are you sure nothing is shorting anything out? Like a screw loose behind the motherboard or laying anywhere? I remember a long time ago a loose screw behind the mobo was causing random restarts.

You might wanna look up in the manual what the lights mean, the one near the ram doesn't blink for me, just solid yellow.

Even the power switch on the motherboard itself makes it act the same way... you know how DFI has the power/reset switches on the board... I've tried that as well... =/

I don't think there are any loose screws, but I am probably swapping out the board soon anyway, so we'll find out.

Even the power switch on the motherboard itself makes it act the same way... you know how DFI has the power/reset switches on the board... I've tried that as well... =/

I don't think there are any loose screws, but I am probably swapping out the board soon anyway, so we'll find out.

Yea, if there is nothing obvious shorting out the switch on the motherboard... then a swap out would probably be best.

I love the DFI bloodiron board, but it doesn't seem to handle USB very well (totally different subject I know). Rarely my USB devices wont power up.

Problem solved. It was the OCZ 600W Powerstream PSU. Hooked up another PSU and the system fired right up... the system was down for a few days b/c of that weird PSU!

Back