• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

780i Raid Users I need some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

I setup My first Raid 0 . When I use the array hard ( Installing a game or extracting Rar's) I get a popup msg that says Raid Failure but every thing still works fine . Has any one else had this problem .

Vista 64 Sp1
2x1 Gigs of ram @ stock speed and timmings
CPU is @ 3.2ghz for testing
2 Seagate 250's

Untitled-5.jpg

Last edited:
wow thats nvidia raid? looks like you are getting the performace of a single drive :shrug:

ive never used raid on an nvidia chipset before, sorry i cant be much help there :(

Get seagate disk utility. put it on floppy/cd and run it. Check both HDDs via full scan. This will not destroy your RAID. I would suggest that you backup your important data.

Get seagate disk utility. put it on floppy/cd and run it. Check both HDDs via full scan. This will not destroy your RAID. I would suggest that you backup your important data.

How do I do it then because the program is not seeing segate hdds just the raid array . Do I have to disable the raid then boot off my other os (xp 64) and test it ?

Untitled3.jpg

Dang :(. You're having some serious issues. I used the latest chipset drivers along with the latest Raid drivers and I did'nt run into any issues that you're having :confused: I would think you might have to test each drive seperately, but you might lose your data.

I know this isn't what you wanted to read, but I'm at a loss here too.

No Data @ least just a vista Install =) . All my Data is on my 1tb drive , its one good thing about 1.5tb of space.

Ok i downloaded Seatools and burned it to a cd . Disabled the raid in bios used the tool on both drives . It found 3 errors and repaired them . Went back into bios and re enabled the Raid so far I haven't seen the Error in windows. I have been RaRing a few files @ the same time . So I hope that does it .

Back