• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tom's Hardware Bashes the P45

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n3xu5

Source & Conclusion

I rather thought the new P45's look great and perform great. Never heard anything bad about them until this ... all because someone's usb controller didnt do 0.5 MB/s better than the P35.

Discuss?

oh ... well, here's my excuse lol. I, at some point in the last 12 months, heard that they cleaned up their act and didn't post biased reviews anymore. Guess they are still not very popular huh? Sorry, ... didn't know :(

That's actually a very straight forward article, and gives some really good advice. There is NOTHING new in the P45 that is worth "upgrading" to.

That is quite unfortunate, I kind off like Tom's reviews, at least some of them, not sure what he has against the P45's:confused:

I find the P45 to be a great lower cost alternative to the X38/X48, even x-fire works great with the dual x8 lanes, no issues with the 4850's at least at 1920 x 1200

I don't even care if there's a Lottery Chance that THG is right... they're STILL full of crap.

I should know... I used to work for them. (Until they stopped paying me.)

Exactly how are they full of crap??? The fact is that the P45 boards offer nothing substantially new...why spend money on one when your aging p35 will do just about the same??? Just because some people are in love with new things doesn't change the performance numbers....:rolleyes:

Well one thing is for sure there are far better chipsets out there the 780i 790i are great ones for example . There is no reason to panic of freak out about this .
Besides this is a THG review any way take it for what it is and move on ..

Exactly how are they full of crap??? The fact is that the P45 boards offer nothing substantially new...why spend money on one when your aging p35 will do just about the same??? Just because some people are in love with new things doesn't change the performance numbers....:rolleyes:

Like I said: I don't CARE if they're right (this time). They're STILL FULL OF CRAP.

If you have a friend who owes you and everybody you know 50 bucks, and he keeps saying he'll pay you back next week, then one day he buys you a 99 cent double cheeseburger from McDonald's... HE'S STILL FULL OF CRAP!

I bought a p45 chipset but only because the bare P5Q from Asus was $135 and it had pci-e 2.0 which I found out is pretty much not needed at all. I would like to see a comparison between a newer gtx280 on a p35 and p45 I doubt the extra bandwidth does anything but I am hoping that it can take advantage of it later this year.

the 4 series chipset is supposed to have no bus wall n teh new 45nm chips..

that is something worth getting it for.

Back