• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P35/45 & X38/48 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n3xu5

Correct me if I'm wrong please, but doesn't the X48 chipset now have PCIe 2.0 slots ... instead of PCIe 1.0 slots?

I read somewhere that P35/P45 board ran PCIe 2.0 slots, and the X38's were PCIe 1.0's ... dunno if this is correct or not but if anyone could correct me on this I would appreciate it. I know this sounds silly even though the Asus site says all of their X48 boards and X38 boards are PCIe 2.0 ... in relation to single card or xfire etc.

Also ... I'm trying to decide on a new motherboard. currently I'm drooling over the idea of a Asus ROG board, but I'll admit the truth. I'm whole-hartedly waiting on the ATI 4870x2 to come out and find a new home in the motherboard I chose and I (frowns as I type this), seriously doubt I will ever be going SLI or XFire. In relation to the question above ... what chipset might suit me better?

Last edited:
P45/x38/x48 all have pcie 2.0. X48 is hand picked x38 chipest. Pretty much same level of performance between x38 and x48.

Back