• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

evga 780i sli help...bsod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kellygtp

ok so i upgraded today, got a e7200, 780i sli mobo, and 2gb of ocz platinum ddr2 800 and i got it all installed, I start the boot process, and then it goes through the windows blue scroll bar and flashes a bsod and then reboots?

i originally got a P5K asus board and it would scroll once and bsod, im wondering if

a. it has something to do with the 45nm processor, does the 780i support that chip? i know the 680i needs a bios update before it will

b. the previous setup i have is in my sig, could the previous AMD processor driver be the issue??

im stumpped, i thought it was the P5K board but after both doing the same thing its hard to blame one board...

please help me :(

nooooooo damnit, last few times i didnt have to reformat and install windows, ofcourse that was adm to amd to amd.... **** i was really hoping that i wouldnt have to do this and reformat, its gonna take forever to get all my programs and stuff back on there...

would you suspect that being the reason?

yeah unfortunately you will have a really hard time getting your rig stable without one.

do you think there is any way to get it running, like removing the amd driver if i boot to another disk?? any help would be super appreciated

Back