• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help BIOS Overclock: Asus Benicia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Axis

I an an OEM system (has Intel q6600). It has an Asus Benicia mobo. I am wondering if I can update the bios to open the overclocking settings?

If not can I edit the curruent bios bin file or overclock from windows?

Attachments

• oem.jpg
    oem.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 5,814
You can use Clockgen The exact PLL is not there, but there is one that is close enough to work. Select the IDT CV174C PLL and overclock away. I have the same Board...On the stock parts it runs fine at 2800

cpu-z.jpg

Last edited:
Great tips on clockgen and the Asus Benicia.

I'm particulary impressed the clockgen settings "stick" after a power cycle. I have my Q6600 running at 2.94GHz without issue.

I triple boot between vista 64, Ubuntu 8.10 and Hackintosh, and the over clocked settings stay set even in Linux/MacOS.

Are there any utilities floating around the net like clockgen, that allow changing the FSB:RAM rations from 2:3 to something where the RAM doesn't get overclocked?

Hello.
Sorry for ressurecting this thread and greetings from germany. Ive been looking for this topic, cause i want to OC my OEM Board, its the same as above. I hope you guys are still active in this forum.
System:
Mainboard: Benicia 1.01 Bios 5.43
CPU: Core2Quad 9400
GPU GTX 560TI
Ram 4x2GB GSkill PC-6400 DDR2 400/800mhz
OS Windows 7 Prof.

No chance to manipulate any frequencies or voltages in bios, so i tried Clockgen and PLL Setup-Tools. I figured out my PLL, the one that works on me is the same as above (IDT CV174C). I can change my FSB and my system is reacting to it, as it should. I can decrease as low as I want, but i cant go up, means only to a redicolous step, the maximum is 339,5 mhz FSB, means that my CPU atm is from 2666mhz to 2720mhz and my Ram from 400mhz to 408mhz. Than my screen freezes and i have to reboot. I read a lot about Clockgen and most people can get out at least a few 100mhz. In this case, you succesfully OCd your Q6600 to 2,8 or 2,9 ghz. THE Q9400 is a good piece to overclock, so im frustrated that it doesent work in my case. What is the problem? Is there any Control-or Shutdown function on my board or in my OS? Maybe someone can help, thx.

Hello.
Sorry for ressurecting this thread and greetings from germany. Ive been looking for this topic, cause i want to OC my OEM Board, its the same as above. I hope you guys are still active in this forum.
System:
Mainboard: Benicia 1.01 Bios 5.43
CPU: Core2Quad 9400
GPU GTX 560TI
Ram 4x2GB GSkill PC-6400 DDR2 400/800mhz
OS Windows 7 Prof.

No chance to manipulate any frequencies or voltages in bios, so i tried Clockgen and PLL Setup-Tools. I figured out my PLL, the one that works on me is the same as above (IDT CV174C). I can change my FSB and my system is reacting to it, as it should. I can decrease as low as I want, but i cant go up, means only to a redicolous step, the maximum is 339,5 mhz FSB, means that my CPU atm is from 2666mhz to 2720mhz and my Ram from 400mhz to 408mhz. Than my screen freezes and i have to reboot. I read a lot about Clockgen and most people can get out at least a few 100mhz. In this case, you succesfully OCd your Q6600 to 2,8 or 2,9 ghz. THE Q9400 is a good piece to overclock, so im frustrated that it doesent work in my case. What is the problem? Is there any Control-or Shutdown function on my board or in my OS? Maybe someone can help, thx.

If you don't receive any replies here due to thread age you may want to post a new thread on this. :welcome:

Back